• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where to get immediate paid support if upgrade from 10.4.4 to 11 goes wrong

Dan Mikkelsen

Basic Pleskian
I have the link called upgrade to 11.0.9 right on my plesk login page and of course i would love to just press it. (using 10.4.4 #41)

But what if something goes wrong and none of my hosters will have a working site anymore.

I'm not a linux expert, (but not a noob either) and since i purchased it through Hetzner, they don't offer any software support.

I browsed through the page, but it seems as since i bought it through a reseller i should contact them first, but since they don't offer software support (i have asked them) then that really isn't an option.

Do parallels have a paid support system anywhere, that i just can't find?

The reason i need it to be running as fast as possible if something goes wrong is that there are paying customers on the server.. And they don't like downtime..

Ok, so i should just select the "Per Incident Support" or should i use the special one for updating? I saw that there was a price for updating plesk. But is this just if i want them to do the entire update?

Dan, ofcourse Parallels can offer you a good service but also you could privately contact independent experts to offer you that service and agree with them accordingly ..

May I also recommend that before you run any upgrades, you check with the Parallels Plesk Panel Post-Upgrade Checker. Details about it through the URL below:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112534

The post upgrade checker seems to be for upgrading to plesk 10 from a previous version. Or am i mistaken?

I'm upgrading from 10.4 to 11.

Just read some of the things others are writing about their upgrading procedures. Is it correct that everything have to change password? All FTP users, all MySQL users and all login passes?

No Dan, Passwords stay the same even after the upgrade. However, some times (not all times) email passwords might fail to work and a password reset solves that problem.

Back