• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Where to set timezone for outgoing email?

natto77

New Pleskian
When I give date thru SSH command line, I see the correct timezone shown.

Correct timezone is also set at "Tools & Settings > System Date and Time"

I have also set the desired timezone in php.ini via: "Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > Settings for 5.6.31 FastCGI application" (This is the only one used by my single domain, I have unchecked every other PHP handler, to prevent confusion.)

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; PHP: Runtime Configuration - Manual

date.timezone = "Asia/Singapore"

My problem is that emails that I send out using Horde webmail, still bear the +0000 timezone in the Date: mail header. E.g.:

Received: from 123.11.11.111 ([123.11.11.11]) by webmail.example.com (Horde Framework) with HTTP; Fri, 18 Aug 2017 02:56:01 +0000
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 02:56:00 +0000
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: test 4
User-Agent: Horde Application Framework 5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed; DelSp=Yes
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Disposition: inline

I am using an email newsletter software called PHPList, and I can see that it is also using the +0000 timezone in its emails. This suggests that I need to solve this problem by finding a timezone setting for PHP.

Please help.

Note, that Horde uses its own 'php.ini' file and the timezone is configured in /etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/php.ini
Thank you.

I viewed that ini file. timezone is not mentioned in the file, and also the comment on top says:
; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

UPDATE:
I added a timezone line into Horde's php.ini, and it did take effect, as desired, for emails being sent out using Horde.

However:
1. I don't know when it will be overwritten by auto-generation, is there a correct place to do this setting, for auto-generation?
2. There was no effect to PHPList which uses phpmailer according to these mail headers:

X-PHP-Originating-Script: 0:class.phpmailer.php
X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.22

Last edited:
Back