• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Whitelist an IP Address

B

benc@

Hi,

I am trying to set up my server to allow my friends server (which is hosted on an adsl connection, and blocked by ip range on many RBL lists) to relay through my server.

I have added his IP to the White List in Server->Mail->Whitelist, but the the spam protection I have on my server, using the built in RBL lists are stopping him from connecting to be able to send email.

Is there a way I can configure my server to allow his connection by IP address, even though his IP is blocked by the RBL's I have in my spam protection.

Thanks

Ben

You can edit the /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file and the smtps_psa file. Add -a <ip> to
exclude the IPs which you dont want to be blocked by the RBL lists:

e.g:
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -a xx.xx.xx.xx -r relays.ordb.org .........

restart xinetd.d with:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart

Hi,

Is there a way for authenticated users to use the mail server even if their IP is listed ?

If not possible, the rbl system is impossible to use.

Anyone else know how this is done? I use freeBSD and I can edit /etc/inetd.conf with the -a options but everytime you restart qmail plesk overwrites the line. also you are limited to how many you can add, because of argument limitations.
inetd[1482]: /etc/inetd.conf: too many arguments for service smtp
inetd[1482]: /etc/inetd.conf: too many arguments for service smtps

Originally posted by skrieg2

Is there a way for authenticated users to user the mail server even if their IP is listed ?

if I am not wrong rblsmtpd checks for sender IP and declines it in the very beginning of smtp session, before connection is taken by qmail-smtpd.. so that there are no way to pass smtp authorization first

Hi Dirty,
Thanks for the reply, I figured out this one already, what I did to bypass this for clients who's ip's are listed in RBL's.

created a new service for smtp in /etc/inetd.conf
call it whatever you like, in my case I called it smtp_alt and added the same plesk smtp line without the RBL's added to it. Then added smtp_alt into /etc/services and choose a different smtp port for special clients to use. Notified special clients to use the alt port for sending mail to bypass the rbl lookup.

Back