• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WHMCS 5.3.7 or 5.3.10 and Plesk 12.0.18

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
Hello.

I have a huge problem with WHMCS Plesk Module and Plesk 12.

When i try to Create, Suspend, Unsuspend or Terminate a Product/Service throught module commands the progress bar doesn't dissappear but in Plesk the command i clicked activated

For example, i click suspend. The progress bar is running (never stops - i left it 10 minutes) but the domain in plesk is suspended.

See screenshot.

Can you help me?whmcs.jpg

Hello Nicolas,

What Plesk module do you use?
There are several Plesk modules in WHMCS - Plesk8, Plesk9, Plesk10 and just "Plesk". Which one you have issue with?

Hi EugenetL. I am using "Plesk" in version 5.3.10 and Plesk 12.0.18, both on Server and Product Modules.
Example: I click suspend. The progress bar doesn't stop.

Module Log:
WHMCS - System Module Debug Log.jpg

But in Plesk the domain is suspended.

I installed in Virtual Box (Centos 6.5, Plesk 11.5, WHMCS 5.3.7 and 5.3.10 with "Plesk" Module)
The same problem.

I was able to reproduce your issue with the following conditions:
1. PHP is set up with relatively low max_execution_time parameter
2. Access to Plesk via network is very slow

In these conditions a process which executes API call to Plesk is killed before it can receive a response from Plesk API.
And WHMCS UI which is waiting for that process to finish hangs with progress bar.

I will file a request to developers to improve this behavior.
As a temporary workaround - can you increase max_execution_time in PHP settings of a server with WHMCS running and check a connectivity between WHMCS server and Plesk server?

First of all thanks for your support.

I increase max_execution_time to 5000 but nothing happens.

The module works (Module Command Success) when the domain in Plesk is already suspended.
You understand that there is no reason to suspend a domain that is already suspended. Just for test.

Thanks again.

Do you mean that you still face the issue with hanging progress bar after increasing max_execution_time?

As i told you i made a clean install of centos 6.5 and plesk 11.5 and 12.
I think that the problem is the default values. Something i need to change, but i don't know what.

Can you please send me the output of WHMCS > Utilitis > System > PHP Info?

Please copy it to some file and attach here.
There are sections "Apache Environment" and "HTTP Headers Information" where you may want to wipe out sensitive data like your IP and hostname.

Many thanks!

Could you please also archive a directory with Plesk module and attach it to this thread?
Directory is $WHMCS_INSTALL_PATH$/whmcs/modules/servers/plesk

Hello.

Do you find what's wrong with Plesk Module? Did WHMCS Plesk module work on your server?

Thanks again for your time!

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't provide more info now.
Since the symptoms are that you click an action and this action is really performed in Plesk, I still believe that the root cause is that Plesk takes too much time to respond or doesn't respond at all so that WHMCS can't log its response into module logs and hide progress bar.
When I try the same scenarios in my lab, they work perfectly. But my lab servers are fast enough and all located in one network.
I tried with WHMCS 5.3.10 and the module you sent me in this thread. And I have even lower "max_execution_time" set - 300 seconds local and 60 seconds max.

Can you please check also firewall settings? Maybe firewall blocks responses from Plesk?

Or can you give me direct access to your servers so that I can investigate right there?
You can send me IPs and SSH/WEB passwords via private message.

Hi again.

I am testing Ubuntu 12.04, Plesk 12 and WHMCS 5.3.10.

I click Terminate Domain ( The bar never stops) in WHMCS and in error.log in Apache i get these:
Somewhere i read that plesk api restarts apache when create, terminate.... so WHMCS hugs because it doesn't get response from Plesk API.

[Sat Oct 18 02:27:56 2014] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:04 2014] [error] FastCGI process 6442 still did not exit, terminating forcefully
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Parallels Panel' does NOT match server name!?
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Parallels Panel' does NOT match server name!?
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [warn] Init: Name-based SSL virtual hosts only work for clients with TLS server name indication support (RFC 4366)
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] Digest: done
PHP Warning: Module 'ssh2' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [error] python_init: Python version mismatch, expected '2.7.2+', found '2.7.3'.
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [error] python_init: Python executable found '/usr/bin/python'.
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [error] python_init: Python path being used '/usr/lib/python2.7/:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload'.
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] mod_python: using mutex_directory /tmp
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [warn] Init: Name-based SSL virtual hosts only work for clients with TLS server name indication support (RFC 4366)
[Sat Oct 18 02:28:07 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.7.3 mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.14.2 configured -- resuming normal operations

Finally i found the solution.
I increase Apache restart interval in Pleslk to 90 seconds (0 was default) and it works.

So easy..... guys. I searched all possible forums.....

Back