• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Who is the PHP user on my domains / subdomains

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am using PLesk 12.8 on a V server with ubuntu 16.04.
Since I have some issues with an owncloud update I need to run some commands on the owncloud console, which is a PHP script.
The OC docs say that I need to run the occ command as PHP user which is usually www-data. this does not seem to work.
This message comes up:

Code:
Cannot write into "config" directory!
This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the config directory

When I look to the user groups of this subdomain the group is psaserv and user is onkinet. Is this the user I need to run the script to avoid that meassage ?

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Well it depends on several things, It should look like for example:
sudo -u onkinet /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/your.domain/owncloud/occ upgrade

-u onkinet = the user of the domain
/opt/plesk/php = the path to the php version which is assigned to the domain - in this example the standard path to php 7.1 if you use the plesk installed php Versions. or if you use another Version put the right path to the command
/var/www/vhosts = the path to the owncloud occ comand of your domain

Last edited:
Hi

I had time to test some ways last evening. When using onkinet on this domain (the user names are different on my domains) it works and I could migrate my database from SQLite to MySQL.
I was using this command (while in root directory of the owncloud installation) :
sudo -u onkinet php occ ....

Best regards
Onki

Back