• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Who is the PHP user on my domains / subdomains

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am using PLesk 12.8 on a V server with ubuntu 16.04.
Since I have some issues with an owncloud update I need to run some commands on the owncloud console, which is a PHP script.
The OC docs say that I need to run the occ command as PHP user which is usually www-data. this does not seem to work.
This message comes up:

Code:
Cannot write into "config" directory!
This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the config directory

When I look to the user groups of this subdomain the group is psaserv and user is onkinet. Is this the user I need to run the script to avoid that meassage ?

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Well it depends on several things, It should look like for example:
sudo -u onkinet /opt/plesk/php/7.1/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/your.domain/owncloud/occ upgrade

-u onkinet = the user of the domain
/opt/plesk/php = the path to the php version which is assigned to the domain - in this example the standard path to php 7.1 if you use the plesk installed php Versions. or if you use another Version put the right path to the command
/var/www/vhosts = the path to the owncloud occ comand of your domain

Last edited:
Hi

I had time to test some ways last evening. When using onkinet on this domain (the user names are different on my domains) it works and I could migrate my database from SQLite to MySQL.
I was using this command (while in root directory of the owncloud installation) :
sudo -u onkinet php occ ....

Best regards
Onki

Back