• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Why basic functionality of Spam Filter not provided by my ISP.

indiacam

New Pleskian
I am hosting reseller of an Hosting ISP in India. All other services and features are fine but I am having huge issue of SPAMS from specific domains. I was told to block the known SPAMMING DOMAINS in spam filter option of an email. I have entered all the spammer domains in that BLOCKED LIST but I still kept getting spams from same exact domains. The basic Spam Filter feature of Plesk simply does not work.. Why?

I reported this to ISP, but they are asking extra money for commercial version of SPAM FILTER. Is it right? Why should I pay for stopping the SPAMS from just few domains which I know? I asked them to check if basic spam filter is working or not, they are not giving any satisfactory answer and instead asking to buy the commercial service. For me this is some kind of extortion.

Can someone from PLESK clarify that, is it necessary to buy SPAM FILTER if I know the particular spamming domain? Due to this kind of hidden-charges, people will start hating Plesk, due to wrong policies of ISPs.

Please reply and help, thanking you

C Mahendra
India

Last edited:
Back