• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why do I receive a Backup Email notification ?

Publipresse

New Pleskian
Hi everybody,
I'm really annoying because each night I receive email notification from the website backup
I know that I have checked : send email if the backup is not completed !!

But the notification that I receive is a notification of "success" !!!
WHY !!

Backup task finished on host vps.xxxxxxxx
Creation date is: 2016-Oct-18 00:07:07
Created by: Plesk administrator (type=server, guid=2c852ec6-f71a-450a-b8d8-a09b143e8983)
Created for: lemagasindupin.fr (type=domain, id=65)
Task status is: success (see details in the attached file)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="success" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-10-18-000703.673/migration.result"/>

Thank you,

The reasons may be many, from the mail server that does not work, wrong setting on plesk, give us a few details, for example:

1 - the destination email is on the same server.
2 - have you checked the log MT (/ var / log / maillog) ??
3 - you make sure that the messages are not delivered because they do not start from the sending server
4 - have you checked the settings plesk (toole and settings ----> Notifications)
5 - You have set the correct email in your profile?

Hi,
Sorry Alberto, but I think that you didn't understand

Everything is well configured
BUT each night, during the backup processes of my website, I received email notifications saying that the backup process is OK
Why ??
I have to receive email only when the backup is not completed !! no ?

MAIL EXAMPLE
Backup task finished on host vps.xxxxxxxx
Creation date is: 2016-Oct-18 00:07:07
Created by: Plesk administrator (type=server, guid=2c852ec6-f71a-450a-b8d8-a09b143e8983)
Created for: lemagasindupin.fr (type=domain, id=65)
Task status is: success (see details in the attached file)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="success" log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-10-18-000703.673/migration.result"/>

Thanks

Hi,
I tought that I will receive notification email backup status only if there is a problem (by checking the specific option) ?

Anybody can confirm that ?

Back