• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why force Ads on us and our customers?

Originally posted by artm
So why should I re-post my post on Plesk migration manager problems to Plesk for windows?
excuse me, i'm wrong.
Originally posted by artm
And when you say "it works properly on plesk win", what is "it"? The adverts disabler or the migration manager?
i meant "adverts disabler" in plesk win

Ok the link on the top header that advertises Virtuozzo.

Thanks,
Adam

Hello Sergius,

Since this thread goes now for more than a month without any serious response from SWSoft, please allow me to summarize the main points that make your existing paying customers unhappy.

What most of all here are trying unsuccessfully to disable in Plesk for Windows, the topic of this thread, are:

- The DashboardPreset /dashboard with news our clients are not interested in (Fotolia, Plesk and the Holly Grail).
- The advertising of Discount with Fotolia some of the folks here are loosing business with.
- The domain registration, My Plesk stuff ....
- The useless button Virtuozzo on the left navigation pane
- The Virtuozzo advertising on top.php3

On top of being annoying it is unethical. Paid products should not carry any spam.

We stepped into Plesk because we believed SWSoft was a reliable company, a company that publicly claims:

"We stand behind our product. If there are serious problems that are impacting your business and you are not getting help through regular channels, contact .... bla bla"

Good customers complain then walk away. This is IT Sergius, this is impacting our business, and a response like we have received before in this thread is not helping, not at all.

Originally posted by sergius
gentlemen, excuse me, is this a big problem?
really this is the temporary appearance and it will be removed later.
Later when? when we all go to somewhere else?
We are all saying here: YES, this is A BIG PROBLEM? Is somebody listening?

What my very personal prediction is? This partnership with Fotolia will bring you cents but you will be loosing the big dollars. Your customers bring you the dollars and those very customers you are just driving away.

Just upgraded to 8.1 today and I got to say I was pissed when I saw the adds. Here is how I removed the news feeds and advertising from the top in windows.

Edit C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\skins\winxp.new.compact\css\top

Mine ended up looking like this...

body {
background-color: #ffffff;
background-image: url(../../images/top_bg.jpg);
background-position: left bottom;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

.body {
background-image: url(../../images/top_body_bg.jpg);
background-position: top right;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
margin: 0;
}

#topTxtLogout {
display: -moz-inline-box;
display: inline-block;
border-left: 1px solid #dce7ff;
background-image: url('../../images/nav_logout.gif');
background-position: 9px 6px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding-left: 11px;
padding-top: 7px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
vertical-align: top;
margin-top: 10px;
text-align: left;
}

#topTxtLogout a {
display: block;
white-space: nowrap;
}

#topTxtLogout a:link,
#topTxtLogout a:active,
#topTxtLogout a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffffff;
}

.topLogo {
position: absolute;
left: 0px;
}

Note: This is for the default template.

To remove the news feeds edit C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\templates\main.tpl

You will need to remove the {NEWS_ARTICLES} tag at the bottom of that page.

Hope this helps, and it sucks to have to do this to a product that we payed good money for.

Originally posted by sergius
it works properly on plesk win.

Actually, I've got fully updated installations of both Plesk Linux & Plesk Windows here and in both cases the check box to "Hide newsfeeds" does not prevent the "Plesk News" module from appearing on the main page when a newly created client logs in. I have contacted support and they informed me that you have to manually click on "Close the News" for *every* client that you create. This is ridiculous so I'm working on an event handler script to add the "news_dismissed" entry to the clients mysql table whenever a client is created.

SWSOFT: Please fix this check box so that we can disable your spam on our paid products!

event handler script to dismiss news for clients

Here is what I came up with based on some code snippets posted on other threads. The db user only needs SELECT on psa.clients and INSERT DELETE on psa.cl_param in order for the script to work.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

# CONFIGURATION

my $sqlhost = "localhost";
my $sqldb = "psa";
my $sqluser = "YOUR_DB_USER";
my $sqlpasswd = "YOUR_PASSWORD";

# END OF CONFIGURATION

use DBI;
use strict;

# get client login name from environment variable
my $client = $ENV{'NEW_LOGIN_NAME'};

# Connect to database
my $db_handle=DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:host=$sqlhost;database=$sqldb", "$sqluser", "$sqlpasswd") or die ("Failed to connect to the database.");

# lookup client ID
my $query = $db_handle -> prepare("SELECT id FROM clients WHERE login='$client'");
$query->execute();
my $cID=$query->fetchrow;

# insert news_dismissed record for client ID
$query = $db_handle -> prepare("REPLACE INTO cl_param (param, val, cl_id) VALUES ('news_dismissed', '2', '$cID')");

$query->execute();
$query->finish();

$db_handle->disconnect();

Just put the above code in a file (perhaps in /usr/local/psa/bin/your_script_name.pl) and then call it using the event manager in Plesk after a client is created. A similar script could also be used to disable news by default for domain administrators.

Hope this helps!

removed it from the header.

I do not use any virtuozzo products so it doesnt affect me,

This is windows:

I went to the file
plesk/admin/plib/locale/messages_en.php

using dreamweaver I searched for both virtuozzo and fotolia and found all entries and removed them.

So the lines looked like this

'blah_blah_blah' => ""

and it removed anything related to virtuozzo, and fotolia,

also this is the same file u can change the log in page text, instead of log in to windows, find the line that has
login_up_login_label, and alter it how you want, everything between the "" tags

here what i did last summer ;)
(in less than 1 minute)

change the css for the skin WinXP Reloaded Compact (winxp.new.compact)

edit left custom.css
(/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/left/custom.css)
add line at the end
PHP:
#virtuozzo{display: none;}

edit top custom.css
(/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css/left/custom.css)
add line at the end
PHP:
#topTxtBanner{display: none;}

gone with the wind...

I think I should bump this up.
I'm new to PLESK and starting up a new business with SiteBuilder.
One of my reseller just found out about SWSoft SiteBuilder by following the swsoft logo to their website!
He was trying to bargain for a better reseller price and said he could install the application and sell it himself.
I'm selling a site created by SiteBuilder for 29,90 euros per month in the local market. Resellers get 10 euros recurring payment every month. Since he found out where I got this application, he's threatening me to give him a better bargain or he will start his own business using what I'm using!

DOES THIS ADS SPAM HARMS OUR BUSINESS?
YES!

AND YOU CAN TELL HOW PISSED OFF I'M NOW WHEN I SEE THIS THREAD WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED 1 YEAR AGO!

Not to mention that their support never worked. AND NOW THEY ARE RUINING MY BUSINESS!

TIME TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

This is just laughable. I see that the 8.3.0 demo (only for Windows, mind you?! Where is the 8.3.0 Linux/Unix demo?) STILL has these "temporary market research" Virtuozzo spams. I was extremely annoyed by the spam in 8.2.0/Linux, but before only users to Plesk were in-house. Now some clients have the access to Plesk also. I am forced to waste time searching the forums for hacks and then implementing them? I pay big money for the licenses and get being used as a free advertising channel? Unbelievable. Not to mention the "hide of newsfeeds" at interface preferences is not working.

All this has made me to think seriously about alternative solutions to be used at our upcoming migration. Problem being I have already got approval for additional license purchases and also the project schedule is set in stone already..

What is SWsoft thinking doing all this to us??

Anybody have a lead on a better CP program? I absolutly hate this company and my contract w/ my server provider is up in may and I am looking at going elsewhere. Don't say helm because these crooks just bought them.

Good that the ads can be turned off (finally found the knob to do it, which was not in the web interface IIRC), but the point is the ads should DEFAULT to off!

Back