• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why force Ads on us and our customers?

sshigin - again I don't quite understand you.

I have the latest version of Plesk (I updated today). It is 8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.

I select "hide news feed". I log on to a domain. There they are still!

sshigin with all due respect: marketing research does not justify this: It is absolutely a lack of respect to your customers. For "marketing research" give then the software for free.

I wonder if that research will result or not in a substantial drop of sales of Plesk 8.1

Originally posted by sshigin
plesk 8.1.0 for windows will live with this ads yet.

This is NOT an option!

it's necessary for marketing research.
after that it most probably will be removed.[/B]

If you take it like this, you can even say that SPAM can be used for marketing research, but I don't see you doing this... yet!

of course, all your discontents have been taken into account now. [/B]

you mean they have been > /dev/null

sshigin, your attitude as a forum moderator reflects your company's attitude towards your clients and those short sentences that don't ever start with a capital letter that you post here are more than enough to drive away existing and potential clients.

I'm really sorry to say, but your company really needs to reevaluate their marketing and personnel strategy.

This ad stuff comes from long before:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?threadid=38274

And yes, it won't be removed. Laws against spam vary from country to country. For example in Benelux is forbidden to advertise anything (not even cross-sales) on a paid product or service without the previous consent of the paying customer.

Maybe we can file a suit like the one the Belgium government did to Google (which Google lost by the way)

Shocking

I originally came back here after running into a recent problem with plesk 7.5 and was considering upgrading to attempt to resolve the issue.

But after seeing the current "Marketing Research" and the attitude SWsoft employees have towards their PAYING customers. I will start looking for another control panel Provider.

Congrats swsoft, one customer down, how many more to go ?

also, isnt this type of "marketing research" considered unsolicited spam, and also considered illegal in multiple countries ?

Originally posted by artm
I have the latest version of Plesk (I updated today). It is 8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.

I select "hide news feed". I log on to a domain. There they are still!
seems to be a bug in plesk for unix. it will be fix asap.

I am feeling slightly ill.

Why does SWsoft have to make me feel ill?

It's just problem after problem with Plesk.

I'm not even a professional host - I really feel sorry for you guys.

swsoft is worse day by day.. i ll be the next swsoft client to change my servers control panel for a better software with some thing called support

seems to be a bug in plesk for unix. it will be fix asap.

Are you really the only spokesperson on the forums for SW-Soft? Why don't you speak in proper English and capitalize correctly? As someone else pointed out, if I came to these forums and was doing research on Plesk and found that the only posting representative of the company spoke like you do, I would look elsewhere.

I'm not going to follow this up with, "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." It's true and I cannot believe that no one else at your company has pointed this out. That, in and of itself, is outrageous.

When you start telling your paying customers not to discuss a matter that obviously upsets a lot of us, that makes me further question your management.

Just incredible.

We have the latest update but yet still not able to hide those ads and news feed and virtuozzo link on login page, unless there is something we are not doing right can someone please elaborate on how to remove these news feed and all those stock photo ****.

Originally posted by skillarchy
We have the latest update but yet still not able to hide those ads and news feed and virtuozzo link on login page, unless there is something we are not doing right can someone please elaborate on how to remove these news feed and all those stock photo ****.
it is available on page Plesk > Server > Interface Management > Interface Templates > Preferences

Yes, we know. The option is there. What we are saying is: it doesn't work

With all these issues.. I should have stayed with Helm!

LOL

Thanks,
Adam

Sergius - I'm sorry, but are you paying attention?

I have just said - I am Plesk for Linux.

So why should I re-post my post on Plesk migration manager problems to Plesk for windows?

And when you say "it works properly on plesk win", what is "it"? The adverts disabler or the migration manager?

Look - just forget the issue about the migration manager (here at least. In fact no one from SWSoft has shown any interest in the thread on that subject anyway)

Here we are discussing SWSoft pumping adverts into our control panels. And here (and elsewhere) we are saying the new "disable" option simply doesn't work. Let's stick to that topic please (Linux or Windows)

Back