• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why Plesk favicon on hosted sites?

Dr Zoidberg

New Pleskian
Just migrating sites across from a 7.5.4 server to 8.0.1 and, oddly, when I view these sites on the new server, the Plesk favicon appears for all websites.

I'm sure this is just a mistake as who would put up with having someone else's branding forcibly inserted on their websites? So my question is how do I switch this off - I can see no option within Plesk to disable this irritant.

I think it's a browser bug. That logo is a file named favicon.ico and even on sites where that file is present it's shown up for a while. It finally stopped today and those sites where the favicon is present haven't refreshed yet. You could try clearing your cache and see if that helps seed things along.

Originally posted by Highland
I think it's a browser bug. That logo is a file named favicon.ico and even on sites where that file is present it's shown up for a while. It finally stopped today and those sites where the favicon is present haven't refreshed yet. You could try clearing your cache and see if that helps seed things along.

Thanks for the reply.

I've never come across a browser error which would bizarely conjure up the Plesk favicon - but only for sites hosted on a specific Plesk server - and I have never seen this until I started migrating these domains on to the new server.

The odds of such being mere coincidence must be staggering!

The default Plesk 8 domain skeleton inlcudes the Plesk favicon.ico ... I find this absolutely rediculous as a lot of people would not know to delete that file.

You can change your skeleton manually via SSH, if I remember correctly its in /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/ ...

Hopefully this helps some others ...

Originally posted by lpittman
The default Plesk 8 domain skeleton inlcudes the Plesk favicon.ico ... I find this absolutely rediculous as a lot of people would not know to delete that file.

You can change your skeleton manually via SSH, if I remember correctly its in /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0/ ...

Hopefully this helps some others ...

Thanks. That is ridiculous.

I don't think that's the correct path though. In /var/www/vhosts there is no .skel, just a list of domains, default and chroot.

Can you advise me further?

Thanks.

The directory is hidden ... do this:

cd /var/www/vhosts/
ls -ahl

This will show you all files in that directory ... you should see a .skel directory.

I am in my server right now and see it ... so the directory is right (CentOS 4.2, Plesk 8.0.1).

Hope this helps.

Luke

Originally posted by lpittman
The directory is hidden ... do this:

cd /var/www/vhosts/
ls -ahl

This will show you all files in that directory ... you should see a .skel directory.

I am in my server right now and see it ... so the directory is right (CentOS 4.2, Plesk 8.0.1).

Hope this helps.

Luke

Many thanks!

Back