• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Will Plesk panel price increase ?

Micro$oft

New Pleskian
cPanele new hikes are coming in 2021.

New price list;
1601605791937.png

Will Plesk panel prices rise ? Should I be worried about that ?

Yes. they already anounced price increase. Sigh.
The previous (massive) price increase with Plesk was less than 3 years ago.

We are going to email our customers to give them an option to migrate for DirectAdmin (+ 1/2 year license free) as we cannot agree with the new price increase (again) by Plesk for our customers. They already "complained" last time about this.

A good thing we suspected this; our technicians created a fully working script to convert and migratie Plesk to DirectAdmin without issues. This was tested a very long time (even during Plesk updates) for the past ~7 months or so.

Enough is enough with Plesk increasing their pricing. We will lose customers because of this, but who cares? Plesk certainly does not.

Here is Plesk's FAQ about this price increase: Plesk Price Adjustment 2021 - FAQ Online Customers

We are also baffled by this latest price hike announcement by cPanel and Plesk. I don't want to go through the process of explaining to our clients why we must increase prices. We did it only a few months back, and now we should go through it again? Their timing is so poor. We have many cancellations and inquiries from clients about cost-cutting.

Since I'm not able to explain the reasoning behind this price increase and they are not getting any new functionality we have decided, in consultation with our hosting provider, to migrate one of our cPanel VPS's to DirectAdmin. We will offer our clients a choice, to stay and pay more or to move away from cPanel/Plesk and get a discount.

Here is Plesk's FAQ about this price increase: Plesk Price Adjustment 2021 - FAQ Online Customers

We are also baffled by this latest price hike announcement by cPanel and Plesk. I don't want to go through the process of explaining to our clients why we must increase prices. We did it only a few months back, and now we should go through it again? Their timing is so poor. We have many cancellations and inquiries from clients about cost-cutting.

Since I'm not able to explain the reasoning behind this price increase and they are not getting any new functionality we have decided, in consultation with our hosting provider, to migrate one of our cPanel VPS's to DirectAdmin. We will offer our clients a choice, to stay and pay more or to move away from cPanel/Plesk and get a discount.
Same here.

@ip00 you might be interested in reading the original thread about their massive price increase from 2018 as well.
You can find the forum thread here. Might be good for a few laughs about Plesk price increases and how they treat partners.

@HHawk yes, I've read it. I wasn't sure where to post my reply, here or in that post, and caused a mixup for @IgorG when I deleted my post from there to put it here.

And yes....

ANOTHER MASSIVE PRICE INCREASE IS COMING!

Dear valued Plesk Partner,

We are reaching out to provide you with important information about a
price adjustment coming into effect from January 1st, 2022.

In our 20+ years of experience, we have sought to deliver ever-better
products and services tailored to our partners' needs. With the latest
Plesk Obsidian releases and continued innovation in popular extensions
like the WordPress Toolkit, we are more confident than ever of the
strength of our product and community.

We heavily invest in research and gathering feedback from you and your
customers to help us grow and improve based on your specific needs.
Additionally, we hear from you daily via our 24/7 support service. There
is nothing more important to us than your continued success with Plesk.

Due to the last 12 months of expansion and our ambitious product roadmap
over the coming months and years, the raised value of Plesk licenses
will also be mirrored in the new pricing for 2022. Alongside this
change, you and your customers will have access to more and optimized
services, bold new extensions, and core updates to boost your experience
and business.

So, what does this mean for Partners? There is no action you need to
take at this time, and the pricing adjustment will be applied
automatically from January 1st 2022. You can consult the full breakdown
of the new pricing attached to this email. You can also consult the 2022
Plesk Licensing Guide for Partners [2].

Your experience continues to be our top priority and we value your
feedback. So, if you have any questions or doubts [3], please get in
touch with your account manager.

Thank you for your continued trust, and we look forward to sharing a
bright future with Plesk growth and innovations.

More information about this new price increase here: Plesk Price Adjustment 2021/2022 - FAQ Partners

It seems Plesk is increasing now their pricing yearly (massively). We are losing already more and more (server) customers who think Plesk is expensive already. And on that we agree. A DirectAdmin license costs (us) about 1/3 at the moment. And will become ever cheaper after Plesk increases their prices in January 2022.

Oh well. I expected this already, like many others. It's the greedy Oakley Investment Capital who does this. Same happened with WHMCS, cPanel, SolusVM and several others...

So we are paying more and more each year and not much useful stuff is being added to Plesk. No support for other Linux Distro's (see other threads). No really new stuff, but only crappy changes e.g. making the GUI totally horrible (for example "Customer Creation"). See my other post here about that.

I think it's better that we drop being a Plesk Partner all together and buy our license from a big reseller. That way the reseller gets a discount and we are cheaper off.

We heavily invest in research and gathering feedback from you and your
customers to help us grow and improve based on your specific needs.
Additionally, we hear from you daily via our 24/7 support service. There
is nothing more important to us than your continued success with Plesk.

Yeah right... Plesk does not listen. Plesk does not care. Plesk does nothing with feedback or with our submitted features (here). The only thing Plesk is really, really, really good at, is increasing their pricing on a regular base nowadays.

Back