• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows RDP via a Browser

ShamirP

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Me again, i'm not sure if this is a bug or some sort of permission settings that i may need to enable.

I've discovered that i can enable my users to RDP on the the server via the web browsers, however i am getting strange results.

When i log in to the plesk web portal as a admin and click on
Server Management->Tool & Settings->Server Management->Remote Desktop.

I am able to open a RDP Client via a web browser where i can log in as ad Admin along with any users who've been set up to RDP.

However when i try using the option for a user which can be found
Website & Domains - > Remote Desktop, all i see if a white box at first i thought it might take some time to load, but this wasn't the case.

Is anyone else see this problem? or able to assist me with this?

I've narrowed down the fault either being a fault on the plesk portal or either i've missed a step in the configuration

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sham

I can say that it is not a bug. The thing is when you try to RDP from a domain hosting panel to Plesk server, Plesk passes domain name as server address to Microsoft RDP ActiveX applet. If the domain is not resolved (in DNS) or resolved to wrong server then you will not be able to run RDP applet. To solve the problem you need to make your domain being resolved to your Plesk server.

Back