• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved With Plesk migration, Roundcube configuration lost.

WhiteTiger

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
I migrated Plesk from one Ubuntu server to another Ubuntu server using Plesk Migrator.
It didn't copy the Roundcube plugins and configuration.
Shouldn't they be under /usr/share/psa-roundcube ?
Because I can't find them and neither on the old server.

I wanted to copy the plugins and configuration by hand, but I can't find them even on the old server.
Are they lost with updates?

I never experienced Roundcube plugins being removed by Plesk updates. They should be located at /usr/share/psa-roundcube/plugins/.

I never experienced Roundcube plugins being removed by Plesk updates. They should be located at /usr/share/psa-roundcube/plugins/.
I thought they were there too, but I can't find them, nor can I find the changes made to the configuration.
But I don't want to remember wrong.
OK, I'll redo the configuration (hopefully they won't be removed with the first update)
Thank you

There is no guarantee that a custom Roundcube configuration won't be overwritten by a future Plesk update. I personally never had that happend to any of my servers in the past. However it's always a good idea to keep a copy of you custom configuration.

However Roundcube configuration might be (I am not 100% sure on this) overwritten if you recover your server configuration from a (Plesk) backup, or if you run a Plesk installation repair.

Back