• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress Installation

DemonLee

Basic Pleskian
Can anyone advise how to install a Wordpress Website WITHOUT Plesk giving the database some ridiculous name?

For that you will need to manually download files from wordpress and then go to mysql create DB that you want and use the details. Upload wordpress files in root directory for your domain and browse http://domainname.index.php you will get installation page.

Can anyone advise how to install a Wordpress Website WITHOUT Plesk giving the database some ridiculous name?

I have occurs problems same you

For that you will need to manually download files from wordpress and then go to mysql create DB that you want and use the details. Upload wordpress files in root directory for your domain and browse http://domainname.index.php you will get installation page.

I did as instructed and was successful
Thanks you very much.

Wordpress

InderS - Yes, I know I can do it manually that way but once again with all the 'controls' you have made to PLESK, this creates a weakness in that everyone knows the format and it makes it one step easier for hackers....!!!

Surely we need to be able to create a WordPress Installation WITHIN Plesk and for it permit us to CREATE a CUSTOM Database name?

PLESK needs to take into account that the changes being made in Plesk Control Panel might suit a National or International Hosting Company, but for smaller bespoke hosting companies like us, Plesk is becoming an absolute nightmare.

If you're installing wordpress via the applicationvault there is an option if you install it via user defined and not by default where you get to chose how the database and DB user will be named (including the password).

If you're installing wordpress via the applicationvault there is an option if you install it via user defined and not by default where you get to chose how the database and DB user will be named (including the password).

Peter... can you explain how to create a wordpress installation via 'user defined' as I can find no such option - just install wordpress..!!!!

I'd love to give you a screenshot, but I can't access my server right now. If you're trying to install Wordpress via the Application-option in your domain option (hopefully this goes for every possible panelview, since I've been using the Reseller/Hoster option) you get to chose the apps and have basically two buttons. One simply says "install" while the other is a little arrow - clicking this gives you the option to install user-defined (or custom maybe, I'm using the German version). Then in the next panel, after accepting the terms and such you can expand another textlink at the bottom and you'll have the options to customize your database settings.

As soon as I get access to my Server again (as long as it still runs Plesk, I'm currently having different troubles with it e.g. not even being able to install any of the applications and might get it reset without Plesk), I'll get the screenshot.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that, I found the 'custom' install option however it still does NOT permit you to create a 'custom' database name, it still uses the insecure default of wordpress_1, wordpress_2 etc....

I'd love to give you a screenshot, but I can't access my server right now. If you're trying to install Wordpress via the Application-option in your domain option (hopefully this goes for every possible panelview, since I've been using the Reseller/Hoster option) you get to chose the apps and have basically two buttons. One simply says "install" while the other is a little arrow - clicking this gives you the option to install user-defined (or custom maybe, I'm using the German version). Then in the next panel, after accepting the terms and such you can expand another textlink at the bottom and you'll have the options to customize your database settings.

As soon as I get access to my Server again (as long as it still runs Plesk, I'm currently having different troubles with it e.g. not even being able to install any of the applications and might get it reset without Plesk), I'll get the screenshot.

Did you see or was it available to you to show advance options under the custom install? It's another thing you need to expand. The option is collapsed by default.

Did you see or was it available to you to show advance options under the custom install? It's another thing you need to expand. The option is collapsed by default.

Hi Peter, don't ya just hate that, just found the small text 'show more options' and it is under that - thank you!!!

Awesome! :) Yeah, Plesk seems to be hiding a lot of very important options this way. I guess it's because its supposed to be usable by anyone who has no clue without confusing them. Glad you found it and that I could help! :)

Thanks, it's appreciated... I have asked PLESK before to just simply have ALL the configuration options on one page so we can scroll down and select what part we want to configure - why they have to hide everything in links, little minute tabs etc. is beyond me LOL

Does anybody knows why after trying to install Wordpress 3.8.1 on a Linux with Plesk 11.5, installation go well, but after it finish, the wp-admin refuses my login, does not show any error, but give me back to the same login? Also the home of the wordpress instalation appears to have a neverending loop... Thanks to everyone.

Yes just on one click you can after that you will have to set up your all<a href="http://seodotjuna.com/essential-guide-after-installing-wordpress/" target="_blank">Guide After Installing Wordpress</a>

Essential Guide After Installing WordPress

Here i have brought greate guide for you guys just install your Latest WordPress from Cpanel. Then Follow for Essential Settings for your Wordpress site.<a href="http://seodotjuna.com/essential-guide-after-installing-wordpress/" target="_blank">Guide After Installing WordPress</a>

Back