• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress & Joomla update error

Sven-TufanI

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem. I am running Plesk 11 with Windows 8. I installed wordpress and joomla. If I want to make one update from joomla 3.0 to 3.0.3 I get the error Internal Server error 500.
In Wordpress I get a error, too: By the update from 3.5 to 3.5.1 i get the error: The directory is write protect or not available.

In WordPress I instert in the wp-config.php following.

define( 'WP_TEMP_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content/' );

Now, does the updates to WordPress and plugins work.

My question is, I am running not only one website with WP. How can I make the settings for all WP instances running on the server? And How can I fix it with the Joomla update?
Thanks for helping.

Hello,

Can you please check the temp path in your php? also check if proper php version is installed and selected for domain.

Hello,

Can you please check the temp path in your php? also check if proper php version is installed and selected for domain.

The error 500 can be got when upgrading any CMS, including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. Check if $location is an empty string. You need trim() because $location contains linebreaks.

private function addUpdateSite($name, $type, $location, $enabled)
{
if(!trim($location))return;
$dbo = JFactory::getDBO();
// look if the location is used already; doesn't matter what type
// you can't have two types at the same address, doesn't make sense
$query = $dbo->getQuery(true);
$query->select('update_site_id')->from('#__update_sites')->where('location = '. $dbo-
>Quote($location));
$dbo->setQuery($query);
$update_site_id = (int) $dbo->loadResult();
// if it doesn't exist, add it!
if (!$update_site_id)

A step by step instruction to solve the error 500 is available in the attached file. Download and follow the steps. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• com_joomlaupdate_Error500_Could-not-connect-to-resource-extension-xml.pdf
    105.4 KB · Views: 3
Back