• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Mass Hosting

evaadams

New Pleskian
Hi guys i need some advice as to what kind of hosting rig i should use.

So i currently own over 150+ Wordpress websites each website has 23,000 pages.

Current Setup:

My current setup is a dedicated server hosting all of them the specs are:

16 Core Intel Xenon E-2288G CPU @ 3.70GHz
64GB of ram
1TB Storage
Ubuntu 18.04
I use runcloud to manage my server.

My issues at the moment:

1. If my server goes down for any reason all 150+ websites go down all in one go (thankfully this hasn't happened but i don't want to run the risk).
  2. Sometimes if i'm accessing the backend of my websites they 500 error meaning the website is down for a couple of minutes (this may be because there is 23k pages and the server i have is overloaded).
  3. My memory & cpu usage sometimes spike up
  4. I can't assign a load balancer to each website (so for example if i have 10 websites and out of the 10 one of the websites starts picking up traffic i would like to dedicate more system recourses to that 1 website and lower the other 9).
The benefits of the current setup
  1. Very easy for my team to scale and build out the websites on runcloud (i've been able to train up new staff on how to build out websites in an hour with this setup i wouldn't want a setup where i'd need to deploy everything with command prompt as my staff wouldn't understand).
  2. Very cost effective we pay for the entire setup £120 a month for the server and runcloud
  3. Very easy to manage all websites in one place
  4. Easily able to do backups
CPI Instructor Certification Course with American Crisis Prevention & Management Association

American Crisis Prevention & Management Association Welcomes qualified professionals from various fields to take our instructor course and teach ACPMA courses at their locations.

Any advice will help massively i know a fair bit about hosting but would like everyone's two cents on this.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why there are spam links all over this place. @IgorG may want to edit those out.

If you truly need 100% uptime, you would need some sort of "HA" set up. But, do you really need that?

And, this is a Plesk forum

Back