• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit Application Update Notifcations Not Sending

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
WordPress Toolkit Application Update Notifcations Not Sending
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #43
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
The Plesk Notifications for WordPress Toolkit Application Updates are not sent.

This is reported as an issue, here: Unable to receive Application Updates Reports from WordPress Toolkit

However, I have implemented the provided hotfix but this has not resolved the issue.

Additionally, in My Plesk > Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks -- the list of tasks is completely empty. However, all the other scheduled (crond) tasks run as I would expect. I get notifications for resource usage, Let's Encrypt notices. Backups run as expected and resource calculations also work fine.

I also posted about this issue, here: Issue - WordPress Toolkit Application Update Notifcations not sent & Scheduled Tasks is empty
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Install WP Toolkit
  2. Enable Notifications for "WordPress application updates"
ACTUAL RESULT:
  1. Within 24 hours, no notifications are sent
  2. The Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks list is empty
EXPECTED RESULT:
Email notifications should be received by the administrator and / or customer, as per the Notifications settings.

System Scheduled Tasks should be listed and available to running manually in Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

@gbotica,

We've released a new version of WordPress Toolkit a few days ago - 3.0.1. Please, be sure that you have a latest version of Toolkit. (Log in to Plesk -> Extensions -> watch a version of extension)
WordPress Toolkit - Plesk Extensions

You should contact with our support if issue still exists after update. The situation with empty list of Scheduled tasks is a very strange and it is requires more detailed investigation on your server, because seems like it is not a WordPress Toolkit issue but a whole Plesk issue.

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have version 3.0.1-840 of WP Toolkit installed. The issue still exists.

I understand that this may not be an issue directly with WP Toolikt (despite this: Unable to receive Application Updates Reports from WordPress Toolkit) but thought it best to eliminate that as a possibility.

I would like to get the notification and Scheduled Tasks issues resolved, please advise what options I have to achieve this?

Thanks again.

@gbotica,

Hi. We need access to your server to find a root cause of your issue. The empty list of Scheduled tasks is the strange issue, because we create (if not exists) such task in WordPres Toolkit while every update of this extension. Other extensions are doing something similar, so this list couldn't be empty. So please, contact with our support department, they will investigate your issue in detail: Plesk Help Center

Back