• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress Toolkit Check for Updates Fails

johnny a

New Pleskian
Whenever I run a "Check for Updates" scan inside of plesk, I receive an error saying "Checking for updates finished with errors. -Access denied". I'm trying to get the newest wordpress update to show so I can update my installs.

I'm currently running Plesk Onyx - Version 17.0.17 Updated #26

The solutions I found online all applied to older versions of plesk that supposedly have fixed this issue.

Hi johnny a,

pls. profit from the latest Plesk upgrades/upgrades/patches by using the LATEST stable Plesk version, which is currently "17.5.30". You will notice that some bug - fixes are first done to the current latest stable version, while other versions sometimes have to wait for them to be published,

In addition, pls. note that Plesk comes with the powerfull "Plesk Repair Utility" by now, which is able to investigate and repair quite a lot of common issues/errors/problems. Pls. consider to read:

I fixed the issue. I went through the plesk logs. In the php errors I saw it trying to access a wp-config file that was set to read only. I was able to remove the read-only setting from the server and re run the Check Updates successfully. But I am seeing other weird errors. For instance, the wordpress toolkit decided that one of my website was a multi-site wordpress install. It wasn't. It completely changed the wp-config file and changed the usermeta fields in the database. Once I created a new copy of the wp-config from the wp-config-sample file plesk then saw the installation correctly. But I was unable to login as an admin. I had to fix the usermeta fields to match the $table_prefix. Some how those fields in the database got changed to all CAPs. Once i changed it to lower case to match the table_prefix I was able to successfully login as an admin. Not sure what happened to cause all of this. Normally the wordpress toolkit works perfectly for updating.

Back