• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WP Toolkit - General Discussion

What can be the reason for the toolkit to show installations double or even triple? See attachment

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-06-11 om 09.35.30.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-06-11 om 09.35.30.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi all,

it appears the Wordpress toolkit does not yet support plugins installed in the mu-plugins (must use plugins) folder under wp-content.

We have a client who apparently has their designer looking after their Wordpress installations by using the ManageWP plugin. This plugin has most its files under the normal wp-content/plugins folder, however also a 0-worker.php file under the wp-content/mu-plugins folder.

Noticed this, as updates always throw an error. Even when trying to remove it (just to test it), it throws a similar error:
ManageWPplugin.jpg

Will the mu-plugins folder eventually be included in the Wordpress toolkit, or are there reasons why it may be deliberately left out?

Cheers,
Tom

Hi i have a website which is cloned one. that is showing instance broken image on its instance, i deactivated all the plugins still it's showing the same. my php version is 5.6.36 and it have permission problem also, i cant access any php files within the folder. please help me to resolve this issue.

we would need a bit more information to get an understanding of your scenario.
Cloned how? by the plesk build-in tool? duplicator plugin? Updraft plus plugin? another plugin?
is Wordpress (on the source side of the clone) installed in the root of the publically accessable space (httpdocs) or in a subdirectory?
Was it cloned from a subdomain into another subdomain or from a top level domain to another toplevel domain?

Cheers,
Tom

Hi everyone,

We have published WordPress Toolkit 3.3 update which includes filters for the plugin/theme installation interface, ability to perform WordPress installation via CLI, performance improvements and customer bugfixes. Oh, and the ability to configure and perform updates on multiple WordPress instances at once is back with us again (yay!).

Release notes:
  • [+] Filters were added to the plugin and theme installation screen, helping users quickly find what they need (hopefully).
  • [+] Users can now check for updates, change update settings and apply updates for multiple WordPress instances at once.
  • [+] WordPress Toolkit now has CLI for installing WordPress. Run plesk ext wp-toolkit --help for more information.
  • Mass security screen is no longer annoying users by constantly rechecking instance security status. You can always recheck the security status by clicking Check Security on the Mass Security screen.
  • [-] Security checker Permissions for files and directories now agrees that permissions stricter than those set by the checker are not in fact insecure. (EXTWPTOOLK-1577)
  • [-] Log In button on Websites & Domains screen is no longer displayed on Plesk 17.8 and higher if WordPress access credentials are not known. To make this button appear, go to the WordPress instance list in WordPress Toolkit and specify access credentials for the corresponding instance. Sorry for inconvenience! (EXTWPTOOLK-1573)
  • [-] Users can once again change passwords of additional WordPress administrator accounts. (EXTWPTOOLK-1568)
  • [-] Server administrators now can manage Caching (nginx) checkbox on WordPress instances belonging to subscriptions without the Manage Hosting permission. (EXTWPTOOLK-1563)
  • [-] This one's somewhat long, so grab your reading glasses. If the administrator username specified during WordPress installation started with a permitted character, but also included forbidden characters, the installation would go on as if nothing wrong happened. However, the administrator username was actually changed during the installation and the user was not informed about this change, which could be surprising to some users. This behavior was fixed, and username validation works properly now. (EXTWPTOOLK-1561)
  • [-] WordPress updates no longer turn off Maintenance Mode if it was enabled before the update. (EXTWPTOOLK-1540)
  • [-] Search bars for Plugins and Themes are now separated on Plugin/Theme installation screen. (EXTWPTOOLK-1500)

Reactions: yev
Not sure if this has been suggested already or not, but it would be really useful if there was a way to set certain plugins to be on along with features from those plugins to also be activated. For instance we use LiteSpeed, we want LSCache automatically installed for WordPress instances installed by clients through Plesk. On top of that we also want certain features from LSCache to be set to on by default. LSCache is compatible with WP-CLI. Would it be possible to add WP-CLI commands to run after each WP installation? That way we could just add the WP-CLI commands to install LSCache and enable the features we want each time WP is installed.

Not sure if this has been suggested already or not, but it would be really useful if there was a way to set certain plugins to be on along with features from those plugins to also be activated. For instance we use LiteSpeed, we want LSCache automatically installed for WordPress instances installed by clients through Plesk. On top of that we also want certain features from LSCache to be set to on by default. LSCache is compatible with WP-CLI. Would it be possible to add WP-CLI commands to run after each WP installation? That way we could just add the WP-CLI commands to install LSCache and enable the features we want each time WP is installed.

This can be configured by creating a WordPress Set. Check out the video that Plesk made about this:

From what I gather, plugins themselves can be configured to install automatically as part of the WordPress Sets.
The configurations within the plugins are likely not going to be touched. As you can imagine, that would be a daunting task to implement.

Now. If you know for sure how the particular plugin stores the configuration files and settings, you may be able to get somewhere with the "Event Manager"
Tools & Settings > Event Manager > Physical hosting created

From what I gather, plugins themselves can be configured to install automatically as part of the WordPress Sets.
The configurations within the plugins are likely not going to be touched. As you can imagine, that would be a daunting task to implement.

Now. If you know for sure how the particular plugin stores the configuration files and settings, you may be able to get somewhere with the "Event Manager"
Tools & Settings > Event Manager > Physical hosting created
Hello, thank you for suggesting the Event Manager. That's actually perfect for what I'm trying to do.

Hi, despite setting 0 under the service plan for the number of domains to use smart updates the smart update feature still shows in the client UI. It also lets clients buy the smart updates feature. How can I disable this and hide smart updates from the client UI? Clients should not see that smart updates is not purchased and have the ability to purchase it themselves.

Attachments

• smartupdatesbuy.png
    smartupdatesbuy.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 10
  • smartupdatessettings.png
    smartupdatessettings.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi Sn M,

Put the following line in the corresponding section of the panel.ini file:
showSmartUpdates = false

Hi Sn M,

Put the following line in the corresponding section of the panel.ini file:
showSmartUpdates = false

Thanks for getting back to me. I added the setting to my panel.ini, however, it did not make a difference.

Hi there
I tried the new (Onyx 17.8) WP-Toolkit today as well as Smart-Update (wow, good job!) and found some missing translations (using CP in German) as well as a cropped button (see attached).

I have noticed that the preview images of the individual pages for Smart Update come from AWS. I wonder which data leaves the server to analyze the update?

Attachments

• wp-ext-transl-bugs4.jpg
    wp-ext-transl-bugs4.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • wp-ext-transl-bugs3.jpg
    wp-ext-transl-bugs3.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 6
  • wp-ext-transl-bugs1.jpg
    wp-ext-transl-bugs1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
  • wp-ext-transl-bugs2.jpg
    wp-ext-transl-bugs2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi everyone,

We have released a minor WordPress Toolkit update 3.3.1 that features only one but quite important bugfix:

[*] Plugins and themes from the selected set are now properly installed during the provisioning of a subscription with automatic installation of WordPress. (EXTWPTOOLK-1664)

Hi @webk

Thanks for letting us know about these issues -- we're catching up with translations of UI now, and the next WPT release will hopefully close all these translation gaps.

I wonder which data leaves the server to analyze the update?

Smart Update analyses only public website data (makes website screenshots, reads website pages, etc). If visitors of your website cannot access something on your website, Smart Update also cannot access this data -- so, for example, if you password-protect the access to your website, Smart Update cannot analyze it.

Hi @cluster

Thank you very much for the explanations. It is always good to be informed if a customer asks for more information ;-)

Maybe as input: I don't know how this is possible but if the screenshots of both versions were taken at the same time (e.g. 1sec after the complete page was loaded), the match would be higher, especially with sliders (which often change the images in a certain interval).

I had deviations by the slider although the order of the slides is always the same and therefore would be identical if the screenshot was taken for both (clone and live) at the same time (after complete loading).

Back