• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wrong permissions after update

• Thread starter Deleted member 158324
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 158324

Hello,

I have a Plesk Panel v11.5.30 installed into a Windows Server 2012. Whenever the panel is updated, the filesystem permissions are modified. Group psacln cannot access to several folders like C:\Program files, C:\Program files (x86), etc. Plesk users connected via Remote Desktop cannot run programs like Internet Explorer or so. Some web apps use Crystal Reports to build reports, and this doesn't work either.

Why does the upgrade process restrict access to these folders?
It is possible to modify default permissions applied after panel upgrades?

Kind regards,

Hi,
I'm seeing the exact same problem, how did you managed to stop Crystal Reports from failing after the update?
I presume to granted specific rights to a folder, can you remember which one?
Thanks
Paul

Hello,

In case default permissions on the domain folder are lost, the following actions can be performed to restore them:

In Parallels Plesk Panel (PP), go to the Domains page, mark the required domains, and click on the Check permissions button. Then uncheck the Check-only mode checkbox and click OK.

If it is necessary to repair permissions for all domains, you can launch Plesk Reconfigurator (Start > Programs > SWsoft > Plesk > Plesk Reconfigurator). When it is running, choose Repair Plesk installation, toggle on Plesk virtual hosts security, and click on the Check button.

Note: Please be aware that any custom permissions that might have been configured by customers will be replaced with the default ones after this action.

Thank you

Back