• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

www canonical name bug

19media

After updating to 8.1.0 and restoring domains from a backup, I cannot access any of the websites using a "www" prefix.

Restoring DNS with the "use www" check box marked and/or using the group operations "enable www" both produce no change.

I tried editing the httpd.conf files, but they don't seem to tell the whole story. I have successfully manually added "ServerAlias www.domain" and "UseCanonicalName On" with one of the domains (which then worked), but the same thing failed to yeild any results with another domain.

What's going on?

Same problem here, Sometime if you restore the domain dns default it fixes it..

Also when I restore some backup's to a different it does nothing, does not even work without www. prefix.. I imagine it is part of the same issue

If I find a solution i'll let you know

Tried the server alias but didn't work for me, Believe I have tracked down where the problem is occuring.. it is in the ip mapping when you migrate a domain the mapping looks like the following

old ip > new ip

when you restore from backup from different server it only allows you to do

new ip > new ip

which doesn't make much sense as the old ip isn't listed.. does anyone know how to acces or change the info?

Back