• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

You do not have permission to access this document

rmcs

New Pleskian
I have a peculiar issue with my Plesk 10 server. Whenever I create a NEW domain, the default permissions for the /httpdocs folder are 750 which causes the "you do not have permission to access this document" error when you try to access the site.

I can manually change the permissions to 755 which fixes the issue, but I don't want to have to do this every time a new domain is created.

Plesk didn't do this previously; perhaps some update changed this? Anyway, how do I fix so I don't have to modify the permissions each time?

Most probably you have incorrect permissions for default vhosts skeleton.

Can you give me a bit more information on what to do?

I looked in the /var/www/vhosts/.skel/0 directory and found the default folder structure that is used for new domain creation. I noticed that the folders were set with 755 permissions, but the index.html file was set with 640 permissions. I thought (perhaps) if I was to change the permissions on all the files in the .skel/0 directory it would transfer over when I created a new domain.

When I created a new domain, the same result occurred: index.html only has 640 permissions. Is there another file somewhere that runs a chmod command on these directories upon domain creation?

similar problem within windows

I have a peculiar issue with my Plesk 10 server. Whenever I create a NEW domain, the default permissions for the /httpdocs folder are 750 which causes the "you do not have permission to access this document" error when you try to access the site.

I can manually change the permissions to 755 which fixes the issue, but I don't want to have to do this every time a new domain is created.

Plesk didn't do this previously; perhaps some update changed this? Anyway, how do I fix so I don't have to modify the permissions each time?

I have also met this problem with my plesk of windows. I assume this is a flaw of plesk designation.

Back