• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Your IMAP client does not appear to correctly implement Unicode messages, see https://tools.ietf.org

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, my hosting provider on my behalf has put a ticket and we are waiting for an answer.

We will wait for Plesk's support response and then decide whether to upgrade to Dovecot or not.

Thank you !

please give feedback here what Plesk support has said.

Plesk support answers our hosting provider:

"Plesk tells us that they don't know the problem, they have opened an internal ticket to their development team to investigate the problem.

We have been reported several equal cases, the last update of Plesk at 18 is generating some problems with the mail.

We keep you informed as soon as we know something, I do not recommend that you make important changes to the server such as changing the imap server, while they try to solve the problem. "

About changing the names of IMAP folders, with UTF8 characters, of users:

"They indicate that we would have to make this change in the name of the folders / files at hand and avoid special characters. It is a problem of the new version and the solution is currently this. They have not given us a more technical explanation or anything similar. "

We remain the same .... we have applied Update 1 (GA 18.0.20) tonight and we have no hope of solution with it.

thanks for the information. if several have reported the problem then the problem can certainly be solved by plesk. we just have to be patient.

Good Morning, I have already been reported again the same error by my client. Any news on the solution to the problem? Thanks !!

Hello!
We are stating this error in a similar way. Only difference is that our customers fetch their mails via POP3 and courier.

Good Morning,
Well ... bit by bit ... They have released an update Plesk Obsidian General Availability Update 2 (GA 18.0.20)
for Plesk Obsidian to fix: he contents of mailboxes on Plesk servers with Horde and Courier-IMAP 5 installed are now displayed correctly.

Change Log for Plesk Obsidian

Now we just need the Unicode alert message disappear with Courier-IMAP ...

Hopefully soon find the solution.

Thank you !

Good Morning,
Well ... bit by bit ... They have released an update Plesk Obsidian General Availability Update 2 (GA 18.0.20)
for Plesk Obsidian to fix: he contents of mailboxes on Plesk servers with Horde and Courier-IMAP 5 installed are now displayed correctly.

Change Log for Plesk Obsidian

Now we just need the Unicode alert message disappear with Courier-IMAP ...

Hopefully soon find the solution.

Thank you !
Great news Jose, hope that it will solve your problem.

Did you resolve the issue? Or is it still open?

I did an upgrade today and my clients are running into the same issue as described here.

Switched over to dovecot. Only issue was that some customers re-downloaded their server stores mails. No more complains about utf.

fwiw: I stumbled over this mail thread because I had the same issue reported by one of our customers - and for long couldn't explain why.
Client was Outlook 2019, Courier IMAP was 5.0.13+1.0.16-3build3 (from Ubuntu), non-plesk installation even. IMAP_CAPABILITY UTF8=ACCEPT did not help either.
It turned out that the root cause was a German Umlaut in the name of the From: line. In fact the end user had a surname containing a German "ö", which wasn't handled properly by Outlook. With a little contempt, the end user changed it to an "oe" and the issue was gone.

Reactions: mow
Back