• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Your Internet Address has changed since the beginning of your Mail session. To protec

F

foz4

We have some users who are experiencing major problems with webmail (horde). They find it impossible to login online. Error message is: Your Internet Address has changed since the beginning of your Mail session. To protect your security, you must login again."

I have found the solution detailed below.

-----------------------------------------------------
Product versions this article applies to:

* Plesk 7.5 for Windows

The latest update: Nov,30 2005
Access: public Article ID #986

It means that you are accessing Horde through an ISP that has dynamic proxies. The only solution is to turn 'checkip' feature off in Horde.

To do this you need to edit "%plesk_vhosts%\webmail\horde\config\conf.php" file. There should be two lines:

$conf['auth']['checkip'] = true;

Both lines must be changed to

$conf['auth']['checkip'] = false;

in order to prevent IP address check upon logon and problem described above.
----------------------------------------------------
My question is that I'm not to hot on the commands using putty to find the file then edit the file. Could someone help me with the commands to do this?

My hosting company will not do this and now are users cannot use webmail all together because of this.

Thanks..

You jave not specified which OS you have, but if it's a RedHat flavor you need either pico or nano installed. In later versions I believe nano is installed by default. Once you login using putty, try:

#nano /etc/psa-horde/horde/conf.php

Use your up/down left/right arrows to move your cursor and find the line (there is only one such line in the file) at around line 37. Once you change True to False, hit "Ctrl-X" the "y" then the enter key.

If you are on another OS, just do:

#locate conf.php

This will give you the location of the file.

Back