• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.90 differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.50.

H

hakank

Hello guys,

I upgraded my mysql version the original version to 5.1 by following the instructions from the page http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/Mysql. I see "Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.90 differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.50. This may cause unpredictable behavior." warning at the bottom of phpmyadmin. I read that is something normal and can be ignored but I am also having problems with phpmyadmin modifying tables and rows. The questions is: How can I revert it back to it's original version(5.0.90) without any data loss? If anyone did this before, can he/she write down the steps because I am not so experianced with linux.

Thanks.

Done the same upgrade myself.
There are to my knowledge structural changes going from a mysql 5.0 to 5.1 (structure changes to tables in the mysql grant/control database). The upgrade procedures handle adding the new fields and fix the old data up to the new structure. Plus all tables (in all databases) gets stamped with the new mysql compatibility version, since there are also some data typing differences between 5.0 and 5.1. Try running a "mysqlcheck --all-databases" with an admin login to see whether what state all your tables are in. Some parts of that upgrade had to be done by repairing MyIsam tables and essentially reloading (or changing by table type) all Innodb based tables, as Innodb does not support a generic "repair".

Going back to an old database version not as easy (or possible). That is what dumping all databases before an upgrade was invented for. :) To be able to downgrade mysql and then reload all databases.

Back