• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Zend Guard Loader. It is possible to install?

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have a server with Debian 64bits, Plesk 10.4.4, PHP 5.3.3

I downloaded Zend Guard Loader from zend.com webpage and followed the instructions to install it.

I added these lines to my php.ini

[Zend.loader]
zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/zend/ZendGuardLoader.so
zend_loader.enable=1
zend_loader.disable_licensing=0
zend_loader.obfuscation_level_support=3
zend_loader.license_path =

And then restart apache

The problem is when I restart apache, CPU usage goes to 100% and the server does not work. I have to edit again php.ini, disable the Zend Guard lines and restart apache again.

So my question is

Does anyone install Zend Guard Loader in a box with Plesk 10.4.4 and php 5.3.3?

How?

Thanks a los

I have a similar but different issue. Rather than have CPU climb to 100% I get seg faults.

I have opened the discussion over on Zend's forums as well in the event that it is an issue with their product but has anyone found a way for a Plesk 10.x, PHP 5.3, RHEL 6 server to use Zend Guard Loader?

Hello,

I fixed myself the problem. Here you have the steps to fix it.

The problem is with the load of ioncube and Zend Guard Loader. To fix it edit the file:

/etc/php5/conf.d/ioncube-loader-5.3.ini

And add the line:

zend_extension=/usr/local/lib/zend/ZendGuardLoader.so

Below the line

zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20090626/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so

(I asume you install ZendGuardLoader.so in /usr/local/lib/zend path)

Then restart apache

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And done!

Last edited:
Back