• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.17 on Plesk 12.5

HostingSocial

New Pleskian
Hi,

Greetings of the day!

Please help me by providing steps to install Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.17 on Plesk 12.5
I tried several ways searching this forum and other resources on zend forum but non working.
Had downloaded Zend Guard Loader from zend.com but that's not showing any ./install file and I am not able to get that installed.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Hi,

It's CentOS 6.7. Plesk is 12.5.
I tried several ways after going through number of thread on forums, plesk kb, articles but it's not working.
Please help suggest the working solution, if you please know.

Regards!

Well if you have already implemented most recommend ways but still fails then a deeper first principle investigation is necessary.

This is hard without hands on the server....

I have to switch to cPanel if that's not worked. cPanel provides easy apache which is the best way to compile php with zend and ioncube.

I didn't say it doesn't work ...
It works but there is no Off-shelf instructions to follow ...

BTW: As I am assuming PHP 5.2 is your additional PHP, right? Because as I know Plesk 12.5 ships with a higher version than that ...
Therefore, in the process of compiling an additional PHP version, then is when you compile with Zend.

I know this is possible but not just obvious ...

Is it so important to use this old PHP 5.2 version? On my test Plesk 12.5 default installation I see:

[root@ppu12-5 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Jul 9 2015 17:24:26)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v5.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2015, by ionCube Ltd.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's important to use PHP 5.2 because the application we are running is quite old and require PHP 5.2 with Zend Optimizer.
We do not want to upgrade the application as it's serving our purpose and also contain lots of data and we do not want any downtime for that.
Please suggest way out to integrate PHP 5.2 with Zend. If require, we can use Plesk 12, or lower version if possible.

Thanks

PS. We also can use only one version instead of multiple PHP versions with Plesk. But that should be 5.2

Back