1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Zend Optimizer needed-how to install

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mikm11, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mikm11

mikm11 Guest

I need to have ZendOptimizer installed on my VPS to allow me to run a clients web application. The VPS spec is below:

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
    Version psa v7.5.4_build75050824.12 os_FedoraCore 2
    OS Linux 2.4.20-021stab028.18.777-entnosplit

Can anyone help with how to install? Is it via modules control panel or do I ftp to a specific folder and then run installer from ssh?

I have tried everywhere for an answer.....hope someone can help.

:)

2. Whistler

Whistler Guest

I'm not sure about the VPS - but in general installation of ZendOptimizer is done this way:

FTP or download the ZO package to your server.

As root you do the following:
    1) unpack the downloaded file
    2) run the installer
    3) check your php.ini for added entries
    4) vola! you're running ZO

I think that's just about it :) The important thing here is to know which php.ini (the location) to have the installer edit.

Please also note that installing ZO - might break the running ionCube / PHP Accelerator installation needed by Plesk if you modify the wrong php.ini

3. mikm11

mikm11 Guest

Got it installed...

Thanks Whistler, I got it sorted.
    I found this:

http://www.webhostgear.com/184.html

There is an excellent step by step with Screenshots. Perfect.
    Cheers