• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer needed-how to install

M

mikm11

I need to have ZendOptimizer installed on my VPS to allow me to run a clients web application. The VPS spec is below:

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
Version psa v7.5.4_build75050824.12 os_FedoraCore 2
OS Linux 2.4.20-021stab028.18.777-entnosplit

Can anyone help with how to install? Is it via modules control panel or do I ftp to a specific folder and then run installer from ssh?

I have tried everywhere for an answer.....hope someone can help.

:)

Originally posted by mikm11
I need to have ZendOptimizer installed on my VPS to allow me to run a clients web application.

Can anyone help with how to install? Is it via modules control panel or do I ftp to a specific folder and then run installer from ssh?

I have tried everywhere for an answer.....hope someone can help.

I'm not sure about the VPS - but in general installation of ZendOptimizer is done this way:

FTP or download the ZO package to your server.

As root you do the following:
1) unpack the downloaded file
2) run the installer
3) check your php.ini for added entries
4) vola! you're running ZO

I think that's just about it :) The important thing here is to know which php.ini (the location) to have the installer edit.

Please also note that installing ZO - might break the running ionCube / PHP Accelerator installation needed by Plesk if you modify the wrong php.ini

Back