1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Zend Optimizer

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by thedust2010, Dec 28, 2006.

1. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

Zend Optimizer only loading for root user

When logged in as root, "php -v" renders:

PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Nov 7 2006 05:00:50)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.11, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

However, these modules don't load when viewing phpinfo():

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd.

Thoughts?

2. luribe

luribe Guest

Maybe you are using one php.ini for php-cli and another for the apache module.

Well, debian handle php that way. Maybe is something like that.

3. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

Using CentOS. I don't think the PHP is configured this way.

4. luribe

luribe Guest

Do a "locate php.ini", maybe there is two versions of this file.

5. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

Still having this problem. "locate php.ini" gives:

Code:
    /opt/php51/etc/php5/cli/php.ini
    /opt/php51/etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini
    /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
    /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
    /etc/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak
    /etc/php.ini.saved_by_
    /etc/php.ini

So yes it definately seems there are several copies... any advice on next steps? I am unable to run any software on the server that uses Zend Optimizer... it really doesn't make sense. The phpinfo() says /etc/php.ini is the one being parsed... how do I find out which .ini file is being parsed when I do "php -v" at the command line?

6. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

I can't figure this out... Zend Optimizer seems to load fine from command line but not for any of our websites. I've posted a comparison of the two setups here:

http://www.dustinhansen.net/comparison.html

I got this info using "php -i" from command line and "phpinfo()" from one of our websites. Could anyone offer some advice? I've been at this for almost a month. It looks like they are loading the same php.ini file and additional .ini files, so I'm really not sure what the problem might be...

7. PCSupportGuys

PCSupportGuys Guest

Hello,

I came across this problem before and it was due to the fact that versioning was compiled with PHP.

Once I recompiled versioning Zend started to work.

-Samuel

8. thedust2010

thedust2010 Guest

I'm sorry but after some hunting, I'm not sure what you mean by versioning. What is the compile command you're referring to? Is it something like --enable-versioning? Can you offer any other info?

9. mppedersen

mppedersen Guest

I'm stuck in the same spot. Please post how to recompile php as I am not a php guru.

Please do not waste our time and put a link to the manual, I need to verify what I think it is so as not to take down my machine.

10. hesham55

hesham55 Guest

i have the same proble. any help?

11. WebCurious

WebCurious Guest

You can download the zend optimizer, install it and it works.

Zend is installed by default but I didn't know the optimizer to run the encoded files was preinstalled.

Chris

12. VIB-host

VIB-host Guest

13. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional