• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Zend Optimizer

T

thedust2010

Zend Optimizer only loading for root user

When logged in as root, "php -v" renders:

PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Nov 7 2006 05:00:50)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.11, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

However, these modules don't load when viewing phpinfo():

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.16, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by ionCube Ltd.

Thoughts?

Maybe you are using one php.ini for php-cli and another for the apache module.

Well, debian handle php that way. Maybe is something like that.

Using CentOS. I don't think the PHP is configured this way.

Do a "locate php.ini", maybe there is two versions of this file.

Still having this problem. "locate php.ini" gives:

Code:
/opt/php51/etc/php5/cli/php.ini
/opt/php51/etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
/etc/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak
/etc/php.ini.saved_by_
/etc/php.ini

So yes it definately seems there are several copies... any advice on next steps? I am unable to run any software on the server that uses Zend Optimizer... it really doesn't make sense. The phpinfo() says /etc/php.ini is the one being parsed... how do I find out which .ini file is being parsed when I do "php -v" at the command line?

I can't figure this out... Zend Optimizer seems to load fine from command line but not for any of our websites. I've posted a comparison of the two setups here:

http://www.dustinhansen.net/comparison.html

I got this info using "php -i" from command line and "phpinfo()" from one of our websites. Could anyone offer some advice? I've been at this for almost a month. It looks like they are loading the same php.ini file and additional .ini files, so I'm really not sure what the problem might be...

Hello,

I came across this problem before and it was due to the fact that versioning was compiled with PHP.

Once I recompiled versioning Zend started to work.

-Samuel

Originally posted by PCSupportGuys
Hello,

I came across this problem before and it was due to the fact that versioning was compiled with PHP.

Once I recompiled versioning Zend started to work.

-Samuel

I'm sorry but after some hunting, I'm not sure what you mean by versioning. What is the compile command you're referring to? Is it something like --enable-versioning? Can you offer any other info?

I'm stuck in the same spot. Please post how to recompile php as I am not a php guru.

Please do not waste our time and put a link to the manual, I need to verify what I think it is so as not to take down my machine.

You can download the zend optimizer, install it and it works.

Zend is installed by default but I didn't know the optimizer to run the encoded files was preinstalled.

Chris

Back