• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.2 Preview

D3nnis3n

Regular Pleskian
Can the 10.2 Preview be installed with a 10.x License Key?
And is it able to be upgraded to the full 10.2 Version, when released?

IgorG, are you sure ? it's not recommended but it stays possible. ( changing source apt manually etc.)
I just see that a new preview build 10.2 just come out "10.2.0-debian6.0.build1011110321.18"

I just updated my preview install and everything is Okay ;)

Yes, I think that it is possible but strongly not recommended. Consequences may be unpredictable.

on twitter they said Q1 2011 (which ends in 6days) during Parallels Summit in Feb. Dont know this information is up2date!

Maybe its possbile but its NOT RECOMENDED and you wont get any support by doing that!

Waht answer do you want? nobody can say because its a preview. it can be there will be changes in the future which makes it impossible or there may be no such changes and it works. but you never should use a technical preview as a productive system only for testing so its not recommend to use this preview update it to 10.2 final and work with it! this is just for testing! stay with 10.1.1 and update it to 10.2 final when its done.

I just want an answer if it is able top upgrade, i don't care about it being recommended, but if it really is doable.

Reason is just, that i can't wait any longer for 10.2 Final because i have to reinstall my Server today and use openSuSE 11.4, so i need 10.2, because 10.1.1 will not work. And i don't want to have a Plesk-License here and use Webmin or something like that for some days until Plesk is released ...

Dennisen,

You should know that we never provide any exact ETA of release date.

Re

not a release date but the week perhaps ? (this week, next week, etc.) :)
I am (as some users) actually blocked about OS supported ... (Debian 6 for me)

Last edited:
Sorry, but I do not understood why supported OS is so important? There are other supported OSes...

Sorry, but I do not understood why supported OS is so important? There are other supported OSes...
Because when you install a new server, it's strongly recommended to use the stable version of an OS.
Now, debian 6.0 is the stable version. If I want to propose PHP 5.3 to my customers without break Plesk, the final release of plesk 10.2 is the only solution ... furthermore, dist upgrade isn't very adviced with plesk installed as you know, so I can't say "I'm going to install my server with debian 5.0 with plesk 10.1.1, and upgrade to debian 6.0 when plesk 10.2 is out." So as I said, I'm blocked, and I'm not alone in that case as you can read it on forum, or elsewhere, a lot of people wait 10.2 version for debian 6 support.

PARALLELS PLESK PANEL

Dear Parallels Partner,

The final preview Parallels Plesk Panel 10.2 is
available immediately for download. This release has several new
important features including IPV6 support and SNI Support.

To download this preview, please go to:

http://smbiz.co/plesk102preview

Also Parallels Plesk Panel 10.2 will enter RTM in early
April with a target date of April 6. Please set aside some
resources for implementing the upgrade. General availability will
begin on Tuesday April 26, 2011.

Thank you for your continued support of Parallels
products.

Parallels Plesk Panel Team

IgorG,

This is exciting news!, but question. What is RTM? IS this RTM version able to be installed rather than waiting to April 26th? There must be some way to update early once its RTM?

Could you update me please? I really want ipv6 and redhat 6 support.

Thanks!

Back