• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid error on subdomain

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
Good day all. I have a customer who is running an ancient osCommerce site that required PHP 5.1.6. (Yes, I know.) To do the migration to PHP 5.3 and beyond, I created a subdomain (called neo.xxxsitexxx.com) and made copies of all the files so I could apply patches and updates. Having completed those updates, I changed the PHP version to 5.3 for the subdomain and it appears to be working! (Yay for me.)

However, when I change the PHP version to 5.6 or 7.2 (using FastCGI), all the PHP pages abort with an internal server error. Thinking it must have been something I missed, I created a one-line "hello world" php module. That also gets an error message.

So I went to the logs. I found a whole bunch of these:

[Wed May 13 10:02:05 2020] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: hello.php
[Wed May 13 10:06:04 2020] [warn] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

So any ideas what I can do to get PHP working again?

CentoOS 6.10, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27

That's a good tip. Thank you. I solved the problem by creating a new subscription for the subdomain instead. That is working as expected.

Back