• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid error on subdomain

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
Good day all. I have a customer who is running an ancient osCommerce site that required PHP 5.1.6. (Yes, I know.) To do the migration to PHP 5.3 and beyond, I created a subdomain (called neo.xxxsitexxx.com) and made copies of all the files so I could apply patches and updates. Having completed those updates, I changed the PHP version to 5.3 for the subdomain and it appears to be working! (Yay for me.)

However, when I change the PHP version to 5.6 or 7.2 (using FastCGI), all the PHP pages abort with an internal server error. Thinking it must have been something I missed, I created a one-line "hello world" php module. That also gets an error message.

So I went to the logs. I found a whole bunch of these:

[Wed May 13 10:02:05 2020] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: hello.php
[Wed May 13 10:06:04 2020] [warn] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

So any ideas what I can do to get PHP working again?

CentoOS 6.10, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27

That's a good tip. Thank you. I solved the problem by creating a new subscription for the subdomain instead. That is working as expected.

Back