• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.0.9 - maildirsize quota header is corrupted

Dovecot is able to use maildir++ quota settings but it also can read other sources. And even when using that maildirsize file, I guess dovecot won't crash it. Or is it corrupted by some internal plesk software? I read the postings as if it was courier.
I'm just about to get dovecot running in addition to courier, just to test it's behaviour and performance, therefore I can't say anything about its behaviour when it comes to maildirsize files.

After setting all unlimited Mailboxes to have a quota of 100GB this error didn't happen again ... until today. Now I have the same mailbox that first had this problem with a corrupted maildirsize file again. File is attached.

Any updates regarding this topic? Any new information regarding supporting dovecot?

Attachments

• maildirsize.gz
    672 bytes · Views: 2
I just checked other mailfolders and learned that changing the quota inside plesk does not update the maildirsize file. Of course I assumed this file would get updated when quota gets changed. So this error might be result of not updated maildirsize file after changing quota. I now run mail_restore and all maildirsize files are updated. Will see if the error will occur again.

I also have this error in my mail log. I recently updated to Plesk 11.0.

Is this issue "dangerous"? Can my server live with it?

It's not dangerous in the sense of destroying data. But as long as this file is corrupted, no quota is applied to that account and the user can store as many email as he wants to. Only risk would be that exceeding quota limits could make the server run out of disk space.

I have MU#33 but this issue is not resolved. I still have forwarding-only emails that have no mailbox, bounce with this error: 451 qq trouble in home directory (#4.3.0) - how is this possible? Can I just delete the maildirsize folder or should I comment out the lines in it? I've already set the accounts to unlimited. I just don't understand how a no-mailbox account hits a quota error!

Back