• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue 18.0.30 update broke FTPS backups

As far as I know Plesk (backup) does not support SFTP, only FTP and FTPS.
Yes and no.
Yes Plesk itself does not support SFTP (Why??)

Little Hint: But you can use the Extension "SFTP Backup" in free mode to add the support of SFTP ;)
I dont pay any cent and abillity to backup to SFTP is given.

Have fun testing it. Also i dont get the point of Plesk here not supporting the most stable and in my opinion best FTP option..

I'm backing up my files to Strato HiDrive and have the exact same issue since Oct 17. :-(
No idea how to resolve it and all the things I read so far here and in other boards did not help.
How to best tackle this?

I'm backing up my files to Strato HiDrive and have the exact same issue since Oct 17. :-(
No idea how to resolve it and all the things I read so far here and in other boards did not help.
How to best tackle this?
My issue is: It fails on the scheduled backup at night:

---
Error:
Export error: Size of volume backup_2010231335_2010240200.tar 379168255 does not match expected one 379247140. The remote backup may not be restored.
Error:
Unable to validate the remote backup. It may not be restored. Error: Failed to exec pmm-ras: Exit code: 119: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version
---

No matter if its a full or incremental backup.

When I perform a manual backup, everything seems to be ok.

Using FTPS with Strato HiDrive in Passive Mode (because that's the only config that works).
On Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 Update Nr. 2

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I can still only tell you that for me TLS 1.3 does not work. I guess that's fact for every user of STRATO HiDrive. Switch to TLS 1.2.

Yes and no. Yes Plesk itself does not support SFTP (Why??)
~
Also i dont get the point of Plesk here not supporting the most stable and in my opinion best FTP option..
We only use SFTP not FTP / FTPS although... IF the target file(s) are compacted and encrypted, then rsync EDIT; (within SSH) too for indexed / diff transfers .
However, fully agree, the lack of SFTP support for Plesk's own backup process is a major omission.
Little Hint: But you can use the Extension "SFTP Backup" in free mode to add the support of SFTP ;)
I dont pay any cent and abillity to backup to SFTP is given.
Had a quick look at that, albeit for Ubuntu OS users (like us) it's still a non-starter, or so it appears
Extention Text >> Important Note Ubuntu is not supported because of the bug #311029
No forum sig to confim, but we're assuming that you're NOT using an Ubuntu OS with this extention? @Martin.H

Last edited:
Well, I can still only tell you that for me TLS 1.3 does not work. I guess that's fact for every user of STRATO HiDrive. Switch to TLS 1.2.
Thanks. But what do I need to do exactly?
How and where do I configure which version the scheduled backup uses? Can‘t find anything about it.
Any help appreciated.

And why does it work then, when I perform a manual backup?

Pardon my ignorance: I'm using the plesk web interface for scheduling and am not familiar with all the ins and outs underneath. So I have no clue where to add --tlsv1.1 to the curl command, currently.
Can you point me to the right direction, please?
Thanks!

@aski
My link points to a specific posting with this content:

We have added option to /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini to limit maximum TLS version

[pmm]
; Maximum TLS version. Possible values:
; 12 - TLS 1.2
; 13 - TLS 1.3
ftpMaxTlsVersion = 13

The option will be available since Plesk 18.0.27

You can edit the panel.ini via SSH or via an official extension: https://www.plesk.com/extensions/panel-ini-editor/

ftpMaxTlsVersion = 12 would be correct for your situation.

Back