• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

451 Error: queue file write error (only when using postfix)

Because setpermission "thinks" its ok its maybe not real, check your files rights with somebody else (someone with a working postfix)

I have a VPS with the problem, I can provide data access to do the tests.

Publishes the email received by parallels to being able to answer directly and send the data.

It is VERY IMPORTANT to point out that the connection has to last more than 30 seconds to cause the error

I'm afraid I don't remember if the connection had to last more than 30 seconds for this error to be caused. All I did was to sent an e-mail to Parallels describing my postfix issue, and they replied, asking me what os I was using, If I performed a clean Plesk 9 install or an upgrade, and they wanted a sample attachment. afterwards they sent me an e-mail again, telling me they couldn't reproduce the issue and to try to disable SELinux, spamassassin, any antivirus, and then to try to send e-mails with attachments again.

Perhaps you should send them and e-mail, and let them know about this issue

Because setpermission "thinks" its ok its maybe not real, check your files rights with somebody else (someone with a working postfix)

I'm planning to set up a test server in a few days, perform a clean plesk 9 install and check the permissions there.

They must be joking, ok i will open a ticket for that also, this happens to so many installations now. I opened 2 tickets regarding other stuff (Home Page Presets) and another Postfix issue which rendered [email protected] mail accounts unuseable..Do they really Test what they release? Maybe things are a bit odd if you install a fresh copy of Plesk 9, but i guess most of us upgraded, or ?

They sent me an e-mail again and they asked me to allow them access my server to check it. I'll let you know when I have any news from them.

Please let me know what the've said. I also have this issue, but it's only occuring to email addresses that are not checked. very strange.

however the update from today with hotfix4 did not solved that issue for me, still queue file write error :-(

Brujo

Are u using Dr. Web as Antivirus ? For me it helped to update the license key of dr. web to the latest version (seems that it wasn't updated with the 9.0 update). Most of the queue file write errors are gone now except some from a backupmx. Still need to try the new update.

I'm using dr.web antivirus but I don't think it makes any difference, I tried with it enabled and disabled.
Parallels didn't reply yet, I suppose they didn't found what's causing this issue

Problem fixed... somehow...

Ok, so I had exactly same problem on brand new installation. I'm using Postfix. I enabled DomainKeys, SPF, DNS Blackhole and DrWeb right after installation. Everything was ok until one user attached 3Mb file. Got 451 Error: queue file write error.
I did multiple tests and it seemed to occur only with messages > 1 Mb. I disabled SPF, DomainKeys, DrWeb many times. No change. Finally I disabled all 4 AND restarted server. Problem is GONE.
Now I'm going to enable spam prevention systems one by one and see what happens.

more testing

I did some more testing. When SPF OR DrWeb is enabled I got the error. With DomainKeys and DNS blackhole enabled postfix works fime on my installation.

Workaround

For us it worked to switch Dr.Web OFF, SPF OFF, Domainkeys OFF, DNS Blachhole ON. Then restart mail service.

I can confirm this is Dr.Web .... We just tested this with a large customer and as soon as Dr. Web is activated, all attachments ober 1mb in Size produce a queue file write error. If i turn off Dr. Web, they can send 10mb and even bigger attachments without any error at all. We have Domainkeys activated and dns-blackhole. SPF is off by default and NOW i disabled Dr. Web, till this bug is fixed.

We've got a similar but weird issue too.

we can send attachments up to the message_size_limit (set to 30MB) but as soon as we want to send more then one attachment, we get the error "cannot send content to server"

and in the maillog on the server the following output is made:

fatal: main.cf configuration error: mailbox_size_limit is smaller than message_size_limit

even though the mailbox size is set to unlimited.

postfix set-permissions etc has brought no change to the issue.

anyone any idea?

Back