• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 Internal server error

JohanK88

New Pleskian
Dear All,

My site is showing 500 internal server error. I use classic ASP. How to enable custom error on the server? I use Plesk 11. With Plesk 9.5, it will automatically show up on the server.

internal_server_error.jpg

Please see the screenshot

Last edited:
There are a lot of different reasons of 500 Internal server error. And we have many KB articles regarding this issue. Have you tried to use KB search and read found articles?

Parallels Plesk Panel v11.5.30_build115130819.13 os_CentOS 6

I also have a 500 internal server error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This comes up when I try to log on to the Plesk Power Panel on port 4643

The Paralles Plesk Panel on port 8443 seems to work normal.

I cleared cookies and restarted the server already. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the last automatic upgrade of Plesk a couple of days ago.
Any ideas?

Thank you.

Dear duvide,

Plesk Panel create new domain with Integrated Application Pool, if you need to use Classic Application Pool, try to set manually on IIS web-server.

P.S. As I know on Plesk Panel cannot change type of Applicaton Pool.

For default you can only locally see error on the browser, if you want see this error remote, need to set value on ASP configuration "Send Error to Browser" = true

Last edited:
Back