• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 500 TypeError when password longer than 150 chars

captainhook

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

500 TypeError when password longer than 150 chars

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51.1
OS version: Rocky 8.7 x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I attempt to change the admin account password to a password which is 158chars long, it throws the following error:

Server Error

500 TypeError​

ZxcvbnPhp\Scorer::factorial(): Return value must be of type int, float returned
TypeTypeError
MessageZxcvbnPhp\Scorer::factorial(): Return value must be of type int, float returned
FileScorer.php
Line272

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

My Profile > Change Password
Enter a password which is >150chars long

ACTUAL RESULT

Server Error

500 TypeError​

ZxcvbnPhp\Scorer::factorial(): Return value must be of type int, float returned
TypeTypeError
MessageZxcvbnPhp\Scorer::factorial(): Return value must be of type int, float returned
FileScorer.php
Line272

EXPECTED RESULT

Passwords >150char should save without this issue.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Hi @captainhook , thank you for reporting. That's probably why they call it "password" and not "pass phrase" ;), but after all, you are absolutely right that we publish the password length limit with 255 chars and not 158. So I forwarded it developers as ID [PPS-14220].

Developers have found an issue with the password field, but it is not the length. We could not reproduce it by simply copying a long password, but we could reproduce the issue when copying long URLs into the password field. That product issue has been confirmed and can now be tracked as ID [PPPM-13965].

Fixed in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52, published April 25th, 2023: A Plesk administrator account password can now contain up to 255 characters. Previously the password longer than 158 characters caused an error.

Back