• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No confirmation given when changing Hosting type from Forwarding to Website, risk of PleskFatalException

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

No confirmation given when changing Hosting type from Forwarding to Website

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

AlmaLinux 8.8
Plesk 18.0.54 mu #3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When changing the Hosting type of a domain from Forwarding to Website there is no feedback given to the user that the change has been successfully saved. There is no Toaster confirmation and the hosting settings drawer stays open too. This gives the impression to the user that the change haven't been saved and might trigger the user into trying the save the changes again. Which causes another big issue: an error (PleskFatalException /var/www/vhosts is out of webspace) when trying to access the domain in Plesk. But that's outside the scope of this bug report.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Add domain to Plesk
2) Change hosting type of domain to Forwarding

Notice how in the top richt corner of the page a Toaster message confirms the successful changes and the hosting settings drawer closes automatically.

3) Change hosting type of the domain back to Website

Notice that after clicking the "Create webspace" button there is no confirmation shown and the hosting settings drawer isn't closed.

ACTUAL RESULT

No confirmation given when changing (and saving) the hosting type and hosting settings drawer says open.

EXPECTED RESULT

Give confirmation, close hosting settings drawer and refresh page.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

After changing the hosting type of a domain from Forwarding to Website the Browser Console (Chrome) shows the following error.

JavaScript:
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'category')
    at Object.onSubmit (Form.js:262:13)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
On my Alma 8 test server, the confirmation message is shown. The drawer stays open.
In the JS browser console I cannot see the TypeError.
Could this partially be a browser cache issue?

Thank you for testing this too. I don't think this is a browser cache issue. I am able to replicate the issue on different browsers, computers and different servers.

I've just added some additional information on the bug report to clarify the issue. I also ran another test on the Plesk Demo server and was able to replicate the issue there as well.

The missing confirmation message and the open drawer are just symptoms of the issue. Which that the change (of hosting type) is actually saved but there is no visual feedback for the user to that indicates the change was successful. (Which actually had been the case in previous versions).

This has been fixed in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55, published August 29th, 2023.
Hi Peter, I changed the subscription from Forwarded to Website before that date and I have now

500 PleskFatalException​

and I cannot access anymore Plesk, what I can do to fix the issue?

@squaladesign This is not related to what's being discussed in this thread. Your options are to check log files like panel.log for more details, to run "plesk repair", to open your own thread and describe the issue in detail or to contact Plesk support staff on it.

Back