• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 502 Bad Gateway afterstartinga backup download

Status
Not open for further replies.
root@ns5016732:~/plesktmp# wget autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_18.0.49.2/dist-deb-Debian-10.0-x86_64
--2023-05-01 09:05:34-- http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_18.0.49.2/dist-deb-Debian-10.0-x86_64
Resolving autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)... 37.19.206.5, 2a02:6ea0:e200::2
Connecting to autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)|37.19.206.5|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2023-05-01 09:05:34 ERROR 404: Not Found.

http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_18.0.49.2/dist-deb-Debian-10.0-x86_64 ...
is wrong, your version is 18.0.49, the "2" is a minor subversion.
Index of /PSA_18.0.49/dist-deb-Debian-10.0-x86_64 ...

You can backup your website content manually (without Plesk backup) by backing up /var/www/vhosts/* contents. But you cannot simply copy all of this back onto a new system, that won't work. You'll need to extract the document root paths from your backup there and restore them separately to the new system.

You can use mysqldump to dump your databases.
Use the --all-databases option to backup all databases. However, as with the files, you cannot then simply restore "all" to a new server, because that will also overwrite a lot of important system data including the psa database and much more.

I hope you have a real full Plesk backup, else things will become nasty.

can you write what i need to do as i am now extremly confussed in order of what im meant to be doing as now i do not know

i have a 1.tb backup i moved from psa dumps but i do not know if it is broken or if it includes all my data, i moved it from the psa dump for one of my domains, i have a 1.2tb and a 1.3 tb, i dont want to reimage my server as i have 1 million images (photos) on it, and one website has over 4 million images, I dont want to reimage it as if its corupted ive lost everything

I'd recommend to open a ticket with Plesk support and see whether they can help you out. I am not sure if a restore is possible under such circumstances. After all, removing part of the software is really a problem, and if you do not have a proper backup that does not help the situation. Maybe support staff has a good solution. These people are "magicians", and maybe they can fix it "in-place" for you.

I do not know how to add a support ticket, thats why i posted here as this was my only option
You can open a support ticket via https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You'll need to provide your License Key in order to submit a support ticket. You can get your License Key either by loggin into Plesk360 or by running the command grep "<name>PLSK" /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml on your server. If non of those two options work for you, you'll have to contact license support first and provide them with your servers IP address, they maybe able to retrieve your License Key (it might take a while before license support responds to your message.)

If Plesk support isn't include in your license (because your Plesk license was provide by your provider or bought trough a reseller) you'll have to purchase a support subscription. Which is free for the first 30 days. More info on getting a support subscription: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095

ive been trying to submit a support for over 8 months it just goes around and around making me go from one website to another then another then back to the first website, if i can back up my sites in wordpress i will back them up and install cpanel where i might get an actual support page

why is the back up files located in the same place as files used to run the plesk control panel
They are not. They are located in /var/lib/psa/dumps unless you have manually edited psa.conf and moved the backups directory elsewhere. Removing the /dumps directory does not remove any Plesk components. Backups may be lost, but the system including all configurations will still be stable.

They are not. They are located in /var/lib/psa/dumps unless you have manually edited psa.conf and moved the backups directory elsewhere. Removing the /dumps directory does not remove any Plesk components. Backups may be lost, but the system including all configurations will still be stable.
all i deleted was files in the psa folder for dumps then tried to download a back up in my browser which timmed out then plesk control panel wouyld not load

i can not submit a ticket it just makes me go to three websites, then says i have no account then i go back to plesk360 and start again

i just want support, not spend 8 hours today trying to send a support ticket, this error with plesk cp happened last friday i still can not submit a ticket just like i could not last year

today ive been trying to download files for 16 hours, trying to log in to support makes me go in a circule, i am in 360 there is no place to submit a ticket, there was no place 8 months ago, like i said if i can back up my 51 sites in wordpress i will install cpanel and never use plesk again, if you dont have a simple page to log in to a suport page, the service isnt worth using, tbqh its a bit of a joke

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 16-01-08 Plesk 360.png

i said over 2 hours ago ive never been able to submit a support ticket

it says my lic is with ovh and to contasct them, but why? as i have an unmanaged server, with no support included as its unmanaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back