• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

AF_IT

New Pleskian
Hi,

i created about 20 domains, everything works fine so far!
But the last 2 domains, i created, has the "530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible." FTP Problem + also when i want to create new FTP accounts for existing domains this error occurs...!

i did everything - recreating domains, checking permissions of folders...
i recognized that plesk now "forget" to add the plesk domain users to a group called MSFTP7_0977148...
but why, and why isnt the problem solved when i add those users to this group - and also restarted the server.

Plesk Version: 10.1.1
on a Windows Server 2008 64bit

Kind regards,
Alexander

i worked the whole last night on the server... after the server reinit there was a plesk version 10.0.1
i created all domains new... and then did the update to 10.1.1 and this error occurs again!

i already did what in this KB entry is written.

at the moment this error impairs my company very strong....

obviously a bug...

it seems that plesk do not create a folder for a new domain at Inetpub\vhosts\default\4\localuser
but a folder at Inetpub\vhosts will be created...

so when i create a folder with same name (as in Inetpub\vhosts) at the location Inetpub\vhosts\default\4\localuser
and adding the plesk domain user to this new folder i can connect via ftp but the files are then only uploaded in this new folder...

so this OBVIOUSLY seems like an upgrade/update bug...

i guess i just need to know which plesk user needs which server groups to has permissions to create a folder at Inetpub\vhosts\default\4\localuser.

many thanks already for a response!
kind regards,
Alex

same problem exists here after upgrade from 10.01 to 10.1.1

the upgrade should have fixed problems - seems it created a big one

any idea how to role back to 10.0.1 with minimal efford?

thanks to anybody for any help

Make sure that IP of domain hasn't pointing to wrong directory in IIS. Correct it if necessary and reconfigure ftp with

\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --remove-all
\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Hello,

I made this changes and still not fix. I'm having a just one site with this problem,

Any solution ?

Hi,

i have just migrated from plesk 9 to 11 but FTP does not work and i get following error:
User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

I have created new FTP user but same error for that too, i check firewall ports was open, i tried following commands:

\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --remove-all
\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

commands was succssfull but same error!

Please help me,

Hi

I have the same problem.

When i try the following commands

\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --remove-all <<- WORKS
\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all <<- DONT WORK

Second command just give me this:

Ended: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:28:05 PM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all
command ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all not supported. Possible commands is:
--help
--install
--update-anon-ftp
--add-ip-address
--remove-ip-address
--change-ip-address
--update-explicit-ssl
--set-certificate-hash
--remove-all
--update-user
--update-users
--rename-user
--remove-user
--remove-users-from-ips
--set-disk-quota
--get-disk-usage
--list-sessions
--kill-session
--get-log-directory
--get-ftp-passive-port-range
--get-ftp-passive-port-range-default
--set-ftp-passive-port-range
--set-ftp-passive-port-range-default
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>

So what is the new command for ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Please help

Last edited:
I have the same exact issue as TaxiCK.

I ran the --remove-all switch and it did exactly what it was supposed to, remove all FTPs.

However, I went to run the --reconfigure-all switch and got this: Command not supported.

WTF! Now i have to rebuild all those FTPs including the FTP setup itself.

Bull$hit!

Plesk 11.5
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Someone please help taxick or myself with this issue!

Thank you

I have the same issue since updating to 11.5.30 Update #11, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 - new FTP accounts get "530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible" when trying to authenticate via FTP

Help!

Great Scott! I think i got it.

So after disappointment with the fact that on 11.5 the recofigure-all switch seems to be deprecated, I realized that the FTP user accounts were still showing up in the Control Panel view of the domains. I then reset the password for the FTP accounts from the Control Panel after I performed the "\Plesk\admin\bin>ftpmng.exe --remove-all" function. It worked like a charm.

A Lucky charm! Good luck. I hope this work around helps. I feel bad for people who have to reset the FTP accounts for more than 10 users.

Have you created any new FTP accounts since the update? I'm curious to see if you have the same problem as me.

Back