1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

7.5.2 dump and 7.5.3 restore

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fastnet, Feb 1, 2006.

1. fastnet

fastnet Guest

Since I am staying in the 7.5 line will there be any issues if I do a dump from a 7.5.2 Plesk install and restore to a 7.5.3 install?

Would I be better served doing this as a migration rather than a straight backup and restore?

2. geeza@

geeza@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    Apparently psabackup and restores need to be performed on the exact version they were created on to work so I think you may run into problems.

3. thehostmanager

thehostmanager Guest

If you do a restore on 7.5.3 it will likely give you an error your configuration has changed (it does that same as when you change servers). However, I believe it will work if you restore from the command line.

See http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/index.html for further details.

I also found this in the Backup section:

This proves useful when either you need to execute a system operation, which can influence such data (for instance, upgrade the OS that Plesk is running on, or upgrade Plesk itself), or simply for safety purposes.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
    Jeff Wickenheiser