• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.2 dump and 7.5.3 restore

F

fastnet

Since I am staying in the 7.5 line will there be any issues if I do a dump from a 7.5.2 Plesk install and restore to a 7.5.3 install?

Would I be better served doing this as a migration rather than a straight backup and restore?

Apparently psabackup and restores need to be performed on the exact version they were created on to work so I think you may run into problems.

If you do a restore on 7.5.3 it will likely give you an error your configuration has changed (it does that same as when you change servers). However, I believe it will work if you restore from the command line.

See http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-sdk-html/index.html for further details.

I also found this in the Backup section:

This proves useful when either you need to execute a system operation, which can influence such data (for instance, upgrade the OS that Plesk is running on, or upgrade Plesk itself), or simply for safety purposes.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Jeff Wickenheiser

Back