• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.2 imap connection disconnected

D

dthoward

Plesk 7.5.2 on Redhat 9 ... I had been using Thunderbird IMAP client to connect to the Courier-IMAP service. I was experiencing alot of waits (Hour Glass), just not responsive. Switched to Mozilla and got better behavior but was still experiencing the problem. But at least a message was given ...

"Server my.host has disconnected. The server may have gone down or there may be a network problem"

Not sure where to start debugging this. Is this due the service being run out of xinetd?

Thanks for the help, Todd

I was having an issue with attachments and Horde, I found that updating courier-imap solved it and now she runs faster than ever. Make sure you got the latest courier-imap with your 7.5.2 upgrade.

Thanks !!! But I'm not getting it ... I have used Updater to install Plesk 7.5.2 ... are you referring to 7.5.2 version of Courier ... or are you saying I should get the latest (non-plesk) version ... what version are you running ??? it looks like Im running 3.0.8-rh9.build75050128.10.

Actually, i'm back to the same problem now too. It only worked for a little while :(

im having the same issue.

with every imap client i have tried.

just ran up2date and courier should be current.

Back