1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

7.5.4 Php5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Salvia, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Salvia

Salvia Guest

I have a new system running redhat enterprise. Fresh install of plesk.
    I am new to linux most of my experience is with FreeBSD
    What do I need to do to upgrade Plesk to PHP5?

This is extremely important our billing system and support system is designed in php5. Anyone that could help please!

2. LiquidSolid

LiquidSolid Guest

Hello,

What I would suggest is to use the support form on the sw-soft.com website to ask whether PSA 7.5.4 would work with PHP5.

If PSA works with PHP5 I would download a rpm file of PHP5 and do a rpm -Uvh <downloaded-php-rpm-file>. This will update your current PHP to version 5.

If you bought the PSA software in the past 30 days you might even be eligible for support.

Let me know if you require more info.

3. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Since this is a 'new system', ART has PHP5 for ES3 in his 'unstable' yum repository. This means it may not be fully bug free, so decide at your own risk.

You can download the rpm at:

http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic-unstable/art/3ES/RPMS/

Visit his forum and see if there is any additional information available:

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/forum/

If you don't know his history, he used to be a software developer (or part owner?) at Plesk before SWSoft bought out Plesk.

His reputation is legendary. His updates are all (or nearly all) designed to be Plesk friendly. He is still working (AFAIK) getting things up to speed for 7.5.4, so this is why I recommend visiting his PHP forum for more info.

4. Salvia

Salvia Guest

here is the analisys link
    http://70.86.132.37/ase.php

I am extremly new to linux... but have abackground with FreeBSD

I installed yum edited /etc/yum.conf to look like this:
    then I issued this command:
    yum upgrade mysql-server-4.1.7-1.rhel3.art.i386.rpm

and it gives me this error:
    Cannot find any package matching mysql-server-4.1.7-1.rhel3.art.i386.rpm available to be upgraded.

I need to get all items in the ananysis link saying ok!

5. Salvia

Salvia Guest

hmm figured out how to work YUM

still cannot get this PHP5 to work. Anyone that knows the answer would be much appreciated.

6. Cranky

Cranky Guest

You just want to use:

yum upgrade mysql-server

Yum itself determines the version from the repository, you don't need to tell it the version. If it's not installed you can use:

yum install mysql-server

Ah, I see you sorted the above.

What's the problem with php5?