• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.2.1 to 8.3 upgrade... should I? Any tips?

E

extremeits

After a nightmare of an upgrade in the past with Plesk for Windows I am very cautious about doing it again. I want to upgrade Plesk from 8.2.1 to 8.3 to take advantage of SmarterMail 4 and its spam filtering, so I don't really have choice in the matter.

Are there any tips or certains steps to follow that people can offer apart from the obvious BACK UP EVERYTHING?

Thanks for your input.

Nick

generally the procedure goes OK. check first if previous updates had finished properly (all binaries are 8.2.1 version, versions in registry and database (psa) are 8.2.1). if software itself is consitent, update will go OK.
most known issues are: license key has to be reinstalled and CP application pool can not start, identity passwords must be resynchronized after update between IIS and system

Use Plesk reconfigurator to check and fix everything first...

BTW - SM4.3 and its install of ClamAV may slow your desktop down to response times >60seconds. It did to me. V4.0 was fine. This was tracked down by Plesk 2nd line to clamscan.exe slowing the Plesk System Info panel down and of course this was part of my Desktop. I also noticed the same delay upon login as it calls the Desktop.

I updated clamAV which resolved the issue.

There is also a bug in Plesk 8.3 meaning that the latest version 0.92? of ClamAV will fail to detect Viri. Plesk is also aware of this. The fix is to create a folder C:\clamav-devel\bin\conf and copy clamd and freshclam into it.

Lea

upgrade minor problems

I upgraded - everything seems to work fine - except webstat (web statistics, webstat and awstat) do not calculate exact visits on some domains.

I sudgest that you read post:
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=50175&page=3&highlight=statistics.exe

before upgrading.

I also found out if you have firewall and opened specific ports for ftp (passive) you need to configure again IIS for what ftp ports to use.

Read here:
Setting passive and active ftp IIS windows server 2003

generally the procedure goes OK. check first if previous updates had finished properly (all binaries are 8.2.1 version, versions in registry and database (psa) are 8.2.1). if software itself is consitent, update will go OK.
most known issues are: license key has to be reinstalled and CP application pool can not start, identity passwords must be resynchronized after update between IIS and system

Hi

can someone guide how shall i check if all binaries are 8.2.0.1

Back