• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.3... when?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
I have urgent to resolve this issue and I saw that in December Parallels has released 9.3 version for windows platform.

When will be availbale the 9.3 version for Linux/Unix?

You should know that we never provide any ETA when our products will be released.

Any chance that Parallels will update to Imp 4.2? There are some major issues with Imp 4.1.

9.3 is nothing to get excited about:

[+] Apache port change - you can change Apache web server port to use a lightweight high-performance web server, such as nginx, as a front-end web server, and move Apache web server to back-end.

[-] Certificates from repository of domain set on exclusive IP address are reset when domain backup is restored bug is fixed.

[-] The "Applications" link appearing in the left frame for domain administrator's main menu when applications management is not supported by license bug is fixed.

[-] Enabled mail greylisting loads server's CPU/memory hardly bug is fixed.

[-] A pattern not listed in greylisting configuration was automatically applied bug is fixed.

[-] Timeout in postfix-queue prohibiting to send messages with big attachments from Parallels Plesk Panel server bug is fixed.

[-] Syntax error in the backup-unpack utility bug is fixed.

[-] If a message cannot be sent, sender receives a message with invalid field from=#@[] bug is fixed.

What a shame it does not have PHP 5.2 yet :(

I am going to have to move away from Plesk as I need 5.2.

Sad :(

What is the problem with upgrade PHP to latest version on Plesk?

It is version 5.1.6 :( No way to upgrade further as far as I am aware.

I need 5.2+

Thanks.

Do you mean PHP for customer's sites or PHP for Plesk admin's interface? You can upgrade customer's PHP without any problems but you can't upgrade PHP for Plesk interface.

For a clients site (my own to be precise) - need 5.2 for a new venture.

So assume as Plesk is still pre-5.2 I will have to go to a new panel

Have no idea where to start :(

Contact administrator of your Plesk server if you are not admin there and you can't upgrade PHP there as you want. Just request PHP upgrade. What is the problem?

I am the admin - it is my server - but Plesk only comes with 5.1.x - doesn't it?

It never gets upgraded to 5.2 - or are you saying that is separate to Plesk?

'tis all confusing LOL

I have a support contract - should I put a ticket in?

Sorry for being thick - but I thought Plesk installed the upgrade to 5.1.x in V9.

A lot of posts and threads on this forum about PHP upgrade on Plesk. For example - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=97065
Also as I know there is repository from atomicturtle with fresh PHP versions for Plesk.
A lot of Plesk users have upgraded PHP on their Plesk servers... Do not understand what is the problem here...

Ok in the next days update my server with 9.3; in the meantime, Igor could you tell me if this issue issue is fix/resolved? thanks

I am the admin - it is my server - but Plesk only comes with 5.1.x - doesn't it?

It never gets upgraded to 5.2 - or are you saying that is separate to Plesk?

'tis all confusing LOL

I have a support contract - should I put a ticket in?

Sorry for being thick - but I thought Plesk installed the upgrade to 5.1.x in V9.

What Igor isn't making clear is that Plesk runs its own instance of Apache and PHP (it runs on port 8443 instead of the normal 443). They do this so if you break Apache you can still get into Plesk. So Plesk is running 5.1.X. Your main instance of Apache can run 5.2.x (or even 5.3.x if you want) just by installing the appropriate library. If you're running RHEL/CentOS/Fedora you can use the Atomic repo it's a snap to upgrade
http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/PHP

Back