• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Access media on second drive from two domains

dreams3577

New Pleskian
Hi All

I have a centos 6.3 server with plesk 11

The server has two 2TB drives
/dev/sda3 mounted on /
/dev/sdb1 mounted on /mnt/disk1

I am only running two domains on the server, both of which sit on /dev/sda3 mounted on /
domain1 with user1

domain2 with user2

Both domain1 and domain2 use the same media (mp3 and mp4) files on the sites.

Currently I have to upload the media twice, once to domain1 and again to domain2

And so:
Can I move all the media to a folder on the second drive (/dev/sdb1 mounted on /mnt/disk1) and link a folder (symlink) in each domain to it?

How should I permission the folder so that both domain1 user1 and domain2 user2 and write to the folder on the second drive?

I hope this makes sense.
Many Thanks
Steve

Back