• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important "Active List" will be discontinued and replaced by "Dynamic List" starting March 2024

The worst decision you can make these days. I believe it is time for new alternatives to emerge. I had the same feelings about cpanel a few years ago.

@atakan11, if you believe that something is not right, please describe what you think the problem is. We are seeing comments like this, but they are actually of no use to improve the product, because they do not describe why it is the "worst decision", for example. Just saying that you don't like something does not help. If you could please provide details what exactly you do not like and why or maybe even suggest how it could be done in a better way and why, it can help to improve Plesk.

Hello, greetings from Germany, please correct the typo in the message in Plesk.

The Active List will only be switched off in 2042 and not in 2024!

I've been working with Plesk since 2005 and it's getting worse. Functions are hidden and you have to search for them again and again after you change them. The structures used to be clearer.

Why do I need a preview of the website!? I need an overview of the most important functions and how I can get there quickly.

I'm so upset about the change that I found the energy to sign up here to write this post!
After 18 years, that probably means something. You should return to down-to-earth work.

In the active list, everything is accessible from 1 page.

In dynamic list there are a lot less options grouped together, and not always in the most logical way and some are just plain gone. For example the compatibilitymodus. Yes i still have hundreds of websites using this. I am using plesk since v 1.3 so every possible config that was once possible in a version is still in use somewhere on a server. half of my websites have a

imho: the dynamic list is an exercise of the programmers to justify there own job.

Is there any way we can prevent updates from Plesk after March '24 so we can keep the Active List? We have some clients who use Web Presence Builder and they can't afford to lose access to their sites!

Is there any way we can prevent updates from Plesk after March '24 so we can keep the Active List? We have some clients who use Web Presence Builder and they can't afford to lose access to their sites!
Already, the absence of the Active list in the Domain view is leading to support requests. We need to direct people to their overview list, where they can still switch to the Active list and reach their website. But even that will end in March. We need time to build new websites on a different platform for our clients who are still using Web Presence Builder. This, by the way, is a huge cost to us that we can't recover from our clients. Yet they still won't be happy, because they are used to Web Presence Builder and now they need to learn an entirely new system which they never asked for. All because you're dropping your own product unannounced because "not so many people are using it". It's just such an aggressive move!

If you do this to your Web Presence Builder users now, how can we trust you won't simply disable other major features unannounced later?

At the very least, in your warning about the Active list disappearing, do mention explicitly that people will lose their ability to edit their Web Presence Builder sites from March '24 and display a big warning in the Web Presence Builder interface itself.

Benefits of Active List: Everything you need visible straight away, and all options ONE (1) Click away.

Problems with Dynamic:
- Preview. Unnecessary item, wasted space and only adds to server usage generating thumbnail
- Tabs: Items now multiple clicks away.
- Organisation of items in tabs is non-sensical
- IP address and Root location at the Bottom of view so need to scroll to see important info.
- Icons in Collapsed view are terrible.
- Loads of wasted space. If the space under the Preview was used, no need for Tabs.

Why not just concentrate on requested features? there are no Feature Requests with hundreds of votes for interface changes..

- Preview. Unnecessary item, wasted space and only adds to server usage generating thumbnail
Not really, because the images are rendered externally, so no server cpu ressources are used for them.

- Tabs: Items now multiple clicks away.
- Organisation of items in tabs is non-sensical
- IP address and Root location at the Bottom of view so need to scroll to see important info.
- Icons in Collapsed view are terrible.
- Loads of wasted space. If the space under the Preview was used, no need for Tabs.

Why not just concentrate on requested features? there are no Feature Requests with hundreds of votes for interface changes..
Thank you for the feedback! This and other comments will all be considered.

Not really, because the images are rendered externally, so no server cpu ressources are used for them.
To generate the thumbnail, the Plesk Bot has to crawl my servers, and I recently had to disable it in the panel and firewall the Plesk Crawler from one of my servers, as it was behaving very badly and flooding the server with traffic, so yes, it affects performance.
Image might be generated externally, but there is only one place it can get the website to generate the image.

If all our comments are considered and actioned, my guess is that the Dynamic view will end up looking very similar to the Active view, so thats a good plan.

I would love to hear what type of customers prefer Active list? I would consider it is those on Web Host Edition, who have to provide general hosting provider support to customers.

Reactions: SJJ
@Peter Debik maybe you know or know someone who knows, what the difference between "Log in" to a wordpress page in Active View and "log in" to a wordpress page in Dynamic View is? Because some other user and i just found out, a problem that occurs when trying to login via WP Toolkit Page in Plesk or Dynamic View page in Plesk does NOT accur when login in via "Active view" page. So it looks like not only the view is changed, also the functions are not the same?

@n0fear, I think you are alluding to the Elementor/PHP 8.x issue. Could you please open a support ticket and let support staff examine the issue on your server? We've seen endless discussions, and in previous support cases support team was able to prove that there is an issue with Elementor. We'll be more than happy to check it again in newer cases, but they do need access to an installation where the issue can be reproduced.

Images are rendered external
site-jet websites are created external and then posted to my servers, this means the external plesk server has access to the website of my client. I fear the day that server is hacked.

Exactly how many things are collected by plesk extanral and is this gdpr compliant??

Regards
Jan

Reactions: SJJ
it's a bit off topic isnt it?

How can security ever be off-topic ? It should be at the start and at the end of every question and every answer.

Introducing a new view can introduce bugs, bugs can introduce security issues. I already found 1 bug in the way the dynamic list creates websites, but it has a simple workaround so don't even bother to post about it. Partly due to people always giving answers like this.

regards
Jan

Jan, everything Plesk does is checked against GDPR and other regulations. It's all fully compliant.

Thank you for the reasuring Peter.

Personaly i don't have problems with a problem with site-jet, i have banned it on all our servers via panel.ini. No external server should be able to change things on our servers and it is impossible to remove a site-jet website. The button is always there after you install it, all you can do to remove it is to delete the domain.

then on-topic: what about a poll, vote, wathever amongst users to keep or remove "Active list" ? Not on the forum or another place only 5 to 10% of the users see, but somewhere everyone sees it.

For example as part of the warning that now is shown in plesk.

Regards
Jan

@damn-dynamic-list, which functions do you consider most important?
I use Plesk as an administrator

Click customer - click customer name - click selection overview / subscriptions - click customer subscription
(99.9% of all customers only have one subscription) There could be fewer clicks...

Most customers also only have one or two domains. 1% have more than 5 domains. So don't bother with long scrolling!!!

Everything from the ACTIVE list and the menu column on the right:
Outgoing mail control / changing outgoing mail limits
Email Accounts / Email
Add-ons / Change add-ons
SSL/TLS certificates
Hosting
Show more statistics / Statistics
Backup and Restore
Subscription status active/blocked
PHP
File manager
ImmunifyAV
Subscription / Customer
FTP
Display storage space utilization and traffic

Hi,

the button for the presence builder is missing from the dynamic list.
is it still coming in?
We still have a few customers who use it.

br
lars

Back