• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Add Smart Update to a Service Plan?

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.45 Update #2
Can you add Smart Update to a Service Plan so when the customer initially signs up it is automatically activated? I want to offer a plan where Smart Update is automatically included, we would pay for it as part of their plan and not the customer.

Do you mean that Smart Update should be automatically activated for all new WordPress installations by default? Could you explain that idea, how it should work(or provide use cases)?
Nowadays, WordPress Toolkit already adds corresponding "limits" to Service Plans.

Not activated for all new installations just the users of a specific plan.

I would buy 30 sites of Smart Updates for WPT. If the new customer chooses the 'starter' plan they don't get the Smart Update, if they choose the 'super' plan then they get Smart Update for free. Free meaning it would be deducted from my quantity of sites purchased. Then it would automatically activate on their account.

At this time, WPTK can install a new WordPress only with default settings via a service plan during subscription creating.

Could you please post this idea on wp-toolkit uservoice? It would be nice; WPTK team picks new ideas from there.

Can you add Smart Update to a Service Plan so when the customer initially signs up it is automatically activated? I want to offer a plan where Smart Update is automatically included, we would pay for it as part of their plan and not the customer.
We have a client (a successful landscaping company) who has been using Smart Service for many years. For several reasons including performance and feature challenges, they are considering moving to MHelpDesk instead. Does anyone have experience with these two applications and is willing to share your opinion/experience with what we're contemplating?

Thanks in advance!

Back