• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Adding and Removing Plesk Components - disabled

NevilleM

New Pleskian
After upgrading to Onyx, the Install / Update Plesk Components options are disabled and we cannot find a way how to enable them.

On the Updates source and installation settings, everything is disabled with this note "This field was locked by vendor. Enable it by removing the SOURCE option from the Plesk Installer configuration file." Before we upgraded to Onyx, we used to be able to click on the Save button on this screen and the Add and Update Components would become available.

This trick does not work any more and the service provider (Godaddy) claims that there is nothing wrong from their end.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Hi NevilleM,

... and the service provider (Godaddy) claims that there is nothing wrong from their end.
Sorry, but the answer from GoDaddy makes me smile...

The hint to change that is basically in the notice:
Code:
Enable it by removing the SOURCE option from the Plesk Installer configuration file
Another forum - user posted his answer here: => #13

I personally recommend to search for the "disabled>" - options in *.inf3 - files with a "find" - command, as for example:
Code:
find /root/parallels -type f -name "*.inf3" -exec grep --color -Hni "disabled>" {} \;
... and would remove the word " disabled" here ( yes! WITH the SPACE in front! ) and not the ">" pls.!

In addition, pls. notice, that using the command line should always work, if you use the command:
Code:
plesk installer

Thank you for your feedback.

find /root/parallels -type f -name "*.inf3" -exec grep --color -Hni "disabled>" {} \;

did not return any results

option to disable the word 'disable' as suggested in the other forum from source does not work - after I save nothing happens.

running plesk installer returns the following:

Installation will not continue because your operating system
"'CentOS' 'Linux' '6.4' 'x86_64' under vz" is not supported.

Refer to Plesk release notes for the complete list
of supported operating systems.

Back